Kids English Videos

racha

I would be interested to know what sort of good educational English videos that anyone can recommend or share thoughts on that are available in LOS, I started my youngest daughter with Barney videos which I can recommend to others as they seemed very good to get her started with counting and basic English while she was around a year old and onwards, now she is over three years old she has grown out of the Barney videos and gone to the next stage of watching kids movies, UBC has some of the good old cartoons on sometimes that are ok though the daily Sesame Street shows have seemed to taken off the air a few months back, For kids living here with the Thai language being the dominant language around them I find that English videos are a great way to help with getting there English up to speed, So anyone with recommendations out there let us know,

>>>Barney is a dinosaur<<<

Thanks Racha, thats cleared my first dillema up :hug: now onto your main question:

>>>So any tips on good educational video's or dvd's for kids that you have seen in your part of the world<<<

My kids have really taken to the Bear in the Big Blue House series of films, but I wouldn't really call them seriously educational.

A couple of my favourites include Disney Key Stage 1 which is based on the jungle book (there are other similar title available but for PC only), along with TOTS TV for the ABC's and MAISYS for colours and counting.

These titles have been proven to work pretty well (with my kids anyway).

Not sure of the selections available in LOS, although my in-laws do have a few fairly OK books, but no videos or DVD's.

Lastly, sorry for the use of Amazon links above to describe the products, but it just saved me a few pages of typing.

Good luck in your search!! :up:

Archived