Cost of Travel In Your Country-Or Why Go Overseas

Torneyboy

Taxis are also expensive here in the UK, so is public transport in general. It is only the British no-frills airlines that are cutting the cost of transport in and to Europe. I wish they would start with long haul flights next, 5000b to BKK would be nice. ::

Hey mate,

i agree with u on parts, and definetly when virgin go to asia things will be even better. I dont agree we have an obigation to see our own country. I think it is more about afordability.

why would i fly to perth for say 800 when i can go to thailand, or for that matter alot of other places for the same price. I think it is more a shame that our carriers dont allow us the option of cheaper travel for those who are of there own country, this would enable us to maybe do both.

As for flights and competition, the carrier actually makes his money on the cargo. The people are just a top up. so they really can go alot lower with their pricing, but however with no competition there is no need, just a supply and demand thing i suppose.

I tend to think the sooner virgin get to asia, or more of a strangle hold in the australian market the better

Please dont think this is a flame, it is meant in the right spirit, Just my thoughts,

Domestic travel in Japan's a fucking (punctual, I'll give it that :up:) joke. I live in the Kansai area (west of Osaka). It's cheaper for me to go to Korea for the weekend on a package deal than to Tokyo (once flights, hotels, food, booze, sanuk... is all added up). In fact, a package week in LOS is no more expensive, all in all, than a week in Tokyo either. (And much more fun. :))

jack :drunk:

Hi torneyboy,

You are not the only one with expensive domestic flights

here in the USA are overly priced :banghead:

I was just checking flights from Denver to LAX they range from $283.00 to $500.00 usd round trip :banghead:

I can fly to Asia cheaper using their airlines, than if I was too use our demestic airlines :doah:

I don't have a probelm with that, I get better service :neener:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

Says paulc31:

Hi torneyboy,

You are not the only one with expensive domestic flights

here in the USA are overly priced
:banghead:

I was just checking flights from Denver to LAX they range from $283.00 to $500.00 usd round trip

I can fly to Asia cheaper using their airlines, than if I was too use our demestic airlines
:doah:

I don't have a probelm with that, I get better service
:neener:

paulc31
:angel::grinyes:

Crazy is it not? :banghead:

But at least you get to Asia at a saving. ::

Says Fiery Jack:

Domestic travel in Japan's a fucking (punctual, I'll give it that
:up:
) joke. I live in the Kansai area (west of Osaka). It's cheaper for me to go to Korea for the weekend on a package deal than to Tokyo (once flights, hotels, food, booze, sanuk... is all added up). In fact, a package week in LOS is no more expensive, all in all, than a week in Tokyo either. (And much more fun.
:)
)

jack
:drunk:

Much more fun ..LOL ::

Good exchange rate for you as well :up:

Says paulc31:

Hi torneyboy,

*But at least you get to Asia at a saving*

You got that right
:D

It really s..ks that we cant enjoy our own countries without braking the bank

I guess that's why we love going overseas
:neener:

paulc31
:angel::grinyes:

True.

And money would stay in the country etc .

Oh well enjoy we can enjoy the rest of the world while we can :neener:

Archived