Is pork meat bad for your health?

limbo

Says plaa:

Me, I don't give a shit because in the words of TV chef Emeril Lagasse "pork fat rules!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not agree more...

A double thick-cut pork loin chop done medium on the grill with a nice chutney is a beautiful thing.

kaep moo- a specialty in Chiangmai. Deep fried puffy pork skin that's paired with raw or steamed veggies and naam prik(chile dipping sauce) is an even more beautiful thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as trichonosis, it is not an issue these days, has not been for a long time. There are always exceptions, but look at mad cow, the pesticides in vegetables and fruits and todays BKK Post has an article on chemicaly contaminated shrimp...

My wife cooks pork that way but i avoid it.

I like a good pork chop but roasted with gravy she also likes this dish i must say.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I love pork. :grinyes:

But the answer to your question depends on the country that you're in at the time.

For instance, in India pigs are frequently fed on human turds - I don't know about you, but my appetite for pork is supressed in such places. That can't be good for you, can it ? :nono:

I suspect that the Jewish and Islamic shunning of pork is rooted in the knowledge of such practices.

:devil::beer::devil:

Says plaa:

kaep moo- a specialty in Chiangmai. Deep fried puffy pork skin that's paired with raw or steamed veggies and naam prik(chile dipping sauce) is an even more beautiful thing.

Could not agree with you more. I love to get the kaep moo fresh out of the fryer - in Chiang Mai of course. I love the roasted green chili too it gives me horrible shits.

Did you know the Thais import pork skin from Germany. I have a Thai friend in the food export business and he said there's not enough pork skin in Thailand to they have to import it from other countries.

"Take it lean and grill it (if possible) and then this wont even present you with a problem."

There probably isn't any meat dish more healthy than a plate of larb moo. It's probably my all-time favorite Thai dish.

On the subject of pork, probably more than any other animal, pigs were put on this earth to feed man. Definitely my favorite meat for sure. Hmmmmmmmmmm, baaaaaacooon. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I don't think it is a matter of the West vs. Thailand in terms of quality. Thailand seems to have some very good quality pork. (And not just politicians lining their pockets. :banghead:)

When I lived on Koh Phi Phi I was dying to get back to Phuket to get something other than chicken and the toughest beef (read buffalo) I'd ever eaten. My first plate of Larb Moo felt heaven sent after months of Muslim fare.

Archived