Guest for 4 days - what would you show him?

rickfarang

I have a friend who is coming to visit Bangkok for the first time this Wendesday. He's only going to be here for four days, and is a clean-cut young man who I really doubt will be spending much if any time chasing women around. ::

Having said that, I still plan to expose him to some of Bangkok's nightlife on one night while he's here. If you were going to take someone like this out for one night, but not get him laid, where would you go so that he had a good picture of what the place can be like?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions! :D

RickF

Well....I'd take him to one of the three main entertainment districts, an MP (just to look at fishbowl), and then to a Thai oriented beer hall. Would give him a pretty good overview of the scene, and the options therein.

You might want to save NEP, SC, or PP for last. If taken there first, he might not want to go further than that. :grinyes:

HT

"clean-cut young man who I really doubt will be spending much if any time chasing women around."

Sorry to say, but he probably won't be the clean cut young man he used to be. He will become a clean cut whoremonger young man after coming to Bangkok. Unless he is gay, then there is probably a few places he will be happy likewise. Either or, his life is about to change.

Z

>but not get him laid

he may want to get laid!!

Anyway, I would suggest the "graduated" approach. Meal somewhere with t/g's but not a pick up place, like Londener (?), then a saunter down Soi 33, see what hs reaction is. If he seems up for it, pop into one for a beer (they always seem fairly non-pushy). If he baulks at going into one of those, then head to somewhere *really* clean (the irish pub over the road is quite nice, or huntsmans).

During the beer, gauge his reaction. If interested and comfortable, see if he would like somewhere a bit "more exciting". ...maybe sit at Golden beer bar (you can easily wave the girls off there), continue to chat. Point out Nana plaza (not that he could miss it!!), see if he would like to go in (if he's ogling the girls he will, if not, he wont). If he does not want to, then have a retreat bar planned (bus stop, gullivers). If he does, well, whats a "tame" bar in nana? Hollywood or its ilk. If he likes that, Anglewitch maybe (or one of the "show" bars"). After that you will have a pretty good idea as to wether you should be heading to Star of light..or home!!

-j-

PS: however "clean" you think he is, he may well be trying to gauge *you* at the same time..he may be wanting to head into cassanova's with all his heart, but afraid of what *you* would say....and actually, on further thoughts, are you making an assumption he is hetro? If you get any signals, replace Anglewitch with "screwboys"....LOL...

Hi ZMAN Z28,

Sorry to say, but he probably won't be the clean cut young man he used to be. He will become a clean cut whoremonger young man after coming to Bangkok. Unless he is gay, then there is probably a few places he will be happy likewise. Either or, his life is about to change.

Do you really think that every single man comes to Thailand to chase women around :nono:

Take him to Casanova's! He won't wanna get laid. But for pete's sake take the dude out and get him hooked up! He might surprise you. I was "clean cut" before Thailand.... now look at me! If that doesn't make an impression, Take the good boy to Dreamworld! He should love the cute little characters. Better hope this is a quick four days!

:help:

Thanks for all the suggestions. We'll bve getting started tomorrow, and I think we'll start with the "graduated approach", but I have to admit that the idea of stopping into the Star of Light or Cassanova for an "innocent beer" is appealing.

Thanks again.

RickF :D

I met an American guy who was here two years ago to give a seminar. We met at a hotel gym. He said he just wanted to see what the 'scene' was like - happily married for 19 years?? - but didn't want to participate.

I suggested Doll House Clinton Plaza (remember this was two years ago). I stopped in about 10 that night to find him aggressively negotiating with one of the little hotties there!! I bought him a beer and left before I had to witness him 'participating' - maybe!!

Archived