Pattaya hotel update

torrenova

Guys,

I've just returned from Pattaya staying at The Residence Garden, just out of town on the road to Jomtien. At BT 1350 (through FLB) it was good value, quiet with a nice pool but at night, baht bus drivers did not often know where it was, despite being given a card with a map on it !!

Whilst tempted to return on the next trip, I would welcome some first hand up to date information on more centrally located alternatives. You know the info, price, pool, location, where to book, guests etc.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says torrenova:

Guys,

I've just returned from Pattaya staying at The Residence Garden, just out of town on the road to Jomtien. At BT 1350 (through FLB) it was good value, quiet with a nice pool but at night, baht bus drivers did not often know where it was, despite being given a card with a map on it !!

Whilst tempted to return on the next trip, I would welcome some first hand up to date information on more centrally located alternatives. You know the info, price, pool, location, where to book, guests etc.

Thanks in advance.

Had the same problem. Nice place, but I'll never stay there again. :rolleyes:

From now on I stay at the Penthouse hotel exclusively!

Can't get much more central than that! I never had to use the baht busses when staying there, everything important is a short walk! It doesn't have a pool, but I've never been big into pools. ::

-=/NN

Torrenova,

There was a thread on this very subject not too long ago and at that time the new "Sunshine Vista" serviced apts on Soi 3/Beach Rd were said to be a more closer alternative to the Residence Gardens.

I've never stayed there myself yet but plan to in a little over a month. Apparently has in room safe, walking distance to Big C, kitchen and microwave, etc. Here's their Web Site:

http://www.sawadee.com/pattaya/sunshinevista/

Plan to give it a try and will make a report on how it was.

Never had a problem getiing to Res Gardens at night. Just do as other poster said. My problem is getting a room there for newyears eve so am staying at Flipper House instead.

But I will be staying at RG again in the future.

ah for me it is one of two places. The dynasty resort is a really nice change in that is quiet and the staff is top notch. Its a nice deal too when you get the free mini bus from BKK. I always rent a scooter so tranport is no problem. Oh by the way the scooter to rent is the yamaha neuvo. They are full automatics so you dont have to futz with the stupid shifter, and they are very snappy. Much easier to drive in traffic situations. After a couple of days at the dynasty I stay at the good old Apex. 450 to 500 baht. Certainly not a classy place but a fair value for the dollar, and well located. Been home now for a week and the blues are starting to set in, Damm I have to wait till Jan.

Archived