Pattaya hotel update

torrenova

regarding the Apex,i have been told that the air con is a bit noisey,can anyone who has stayed there give an opinion,i want to stay there primarily for its location,any pros and cons regarding this place most appreciated.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. yup the apex is definatly guest friendly. They have a little table set up where someone takes the id's but there is not so much as a sideways glance. In the morning they have a breakfast buffet that is ok, not great but it is easy and it runs till I think 1pm. Just go there in the morning and you will see lots of us middle aged guys sitting with cute young lady's. They have a pool but it isnt real big or the cleanest, but functional for sure. The prices are 450 to 500. Great location, easy to take baht bus. The rooms are worn and not very classy but they have everything one needs. The ac units are basicly large window type units and they are a bit loud. I always wear earplugs so no problem for me. place reminds me of an old motel 6. Girls don't seem to mind it. I will definatly be going there again, until I find something even cheaper LOL

Just a quick warning about the small sois near Lek and Apex Hotels. During Songren got mugged on the way to Beach road about 9PM. Was apparently followed after leaving hotel. 2nd Rd and Beach Rd seem safe. It was suggested to me to walk thru Mikes next time rather than using the darker sois to Beach Rd.

I'm happy with Apex; the pool seemed fine to me. Acceptable and cheap buffet. Good morning meeting place. Can rent the newer automatic scooters outside lobby. Handy Baht busses. Some seem to like the Ice Inn hotel next door better but it doesn't have pool or nice buffet meeting place.

I agree I think some of those small narrow soi's could present a problem. I in fact usualy walk through mikes. Mostly because of the air con. But I also usually have a scooter so it is not an issue for me. I agree those yamaha neuvo's at the ones to rent. In regards to the ice inn I agree, ok place but not really that nice in terms of amenities. But I must say their internet cafe is one of the nicest, in terms of speed and overall comfort.

davegas, have you tried the Apex new wing rooms in front? I have stayed in the back on 2nd floor, overlooking the pool. Good view of pool but rooms starting to show their age. yes, I also use Ice Inn internet; convenient but a bit expensive. An advantage of motorbike is that it can take you to cheaper, less touristy places. I'm not much of a drinker so no problem using motorbikes but there must be plenty drunks (especially foreigners) on the road to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

Says Neon Ninja:

From now on I stay at the Penthouse hotel exclusively!

Can't get much more central than that! I never had to use the baht busses when staying there, everything important is a short walk! It doesn't have a pool, but I've never been big into pools. ::

Ah, I assume you got one of the cheap rooms. Next time try the top end of Penthouse and you'll have a pool in your room!

(I only took a tour of the rooms, it was too expensive for us)

Regards,

Xenna

• 2 weeks later...

Says BrownFox77:

Torrenova,

There was a thread on this very subject not too long ago and at that time the new "Sunshine Vista" serviced apts on Soi 3/Beach Rd were said to be a more closer alternative to the Residence Gardens.

I've never stayed there myself yet but plan to in a little over a month. Apparently has in room safe, walking distance to Big C, kitchen and microwave, etc. Here's their Web Site:

Plan to give it a try and will make a report on how it was.

That isn't their URL, this is;

http://www.sunshinevista.com/home.htm

Archived