X-box games and X-box Modification (chip/bios)

Pescator

Hi Gene1944,

Thanks for the advice concerning purchase of x-box games.

I found the place you mentioned, it is called Panrep.

The games were 140 baht. They vendors sure were carefull about selling those. I had to meet them outside the shop to get my games.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Hua Nguu,

I'm a huge X-box addict but have so far been only used MBK.

Could you give me some directions etc for this Panrep place. I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with Chinatown.

I'm after getting a HD upgrade fro my Xbox

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

To be quite frank I am not all that well know in Chinatown either. I didn`t know exactly where the place was nor what it was called so I had to ask 3 people on the street before finally finding it. It is a unheeded place that you are very unlikely to stumble across.

I got off from the express boat at the Rachawong Pier and from here there is less than 400 metres. But I am not sure that I can explain you the way because there are so many small obscure sois in this area that I totally lost my orientation. I noticed however, that the hotel Grand China Princess was rather close by.

You should probably have a motorbike driver take you there from the Rachawong pier or Grand China Princess. Or you could ask for directions like I did. Some thai sure comes in handy in this area. So would my GPS which I left in my room :doah:

Sorry that I cannot pinpoint the exact location. But if you go to either of these place I mentioned you are really close by and will definitely find it.

As I mentioned there are VERY discreet about selling games so you will have to ask before they will present you with a handwritten list. But a new HD for your x-box will probably not be a problem. I noticed all kinds of accessories for both x-box, PS2 and Gameboys.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I have a USA ps2 and had it chipped in Pantip. Games there cost 150 baht, but sometimes I get discounts if I get 3 or more. The guys I deal with can hook up X-box as well and also carry X-box games for 200 baht. If you wanna know where exactly in Pantip, PM me. My guys are money. You don't even have to wait for them to "get ie. burn" the discs cuz they have em all right there. They run a pretty good shop. None of those pushy Thai guys fucking grabbing your arm and saying, "want sexy movieeee?"

I am looking to buy a Sony playstation two. Unmodified they are 12,000 in Central, modified 18,000. How much would modification cost in Pantip. What else should I know before buying one? Hard disk upgrades? Which accessories are important? What are the best games? Thanks for your help.

I am looking to buy a Sony playstation two. Unmodified they are 12,000 in Central, modified 18,000. How much would modification cost in Pantip. What else should I know before buying one? Hard disk upgrades? Which accessories are important? What are the best games? Thanks for your help.

I bought a chip modified one beginning of this year, was about 13,000 including memcard and everything, that was in The Mall Ramkhamhaeng, not sure if that shop still exists.

About the chip modification, it matters what kind of chip they have installed. Best is to bring some movies with different region codes and some copy dvd games (including EA games) for testing before you buy.

Get a memcard, thats the most important, else you can't save your game progress. Then get a second controler for multiplayer, but be aware of the low quality copies that looks like the real thing. Easy to notice the difference when you compare it to the real ones.

Games... thats pretty subjective so up to you.

Best regards,

Danish30

Archived