X-box games and X-box Modification (chip/bios)

Pescator

On my last visit to Panthip Plaza I was in quite a hurry and never got the opportunity to check out this place for X-box games.

I bought my son a X-box recently, but at 3.000 bht a game!! I am not buying him any more games in my country that is for sure.

Are these games available at Panthip? And do you have any suggestions to a place where they do the modifications to the x-box and possibly a price?

Cheers

Hua Nguu

There is a place near Chinatown called the "metal bridge" that I visited with a friend last week. It is a tarp-covered area that has more than 100 stands selling xgames and xbox stuff. My friend had a new 80 gb hard drive put in place of his standard xbox hard drive (10gb I think). Now, he doesnt have to use the game disks but can load and play from the HD. Saw technicians working (soldering) on the xbox game boards but dont know what they were doing. I don't know anything about xbox stuff and was just along for the ride.

Games were in the range of about 200 baht each. He bought at least 50 different ones and got a discount. My friend is fluent in Thai but people at the stand where he bought spoke good English.

How much does an XBox cost roughly?

I'm not sure what the latest prices are. Honestly if I were you I'd buy a Playstation 2 - the platform is a lot more popular than X-Box and there are many more games available. The graphics are better with the X-Box but only slightly.

Cheers!

Not trying to turn this into a Sony vs X-Box debate, but here are a couple of points I'd like to make.

-- X-box, you need an adapter to play DvD's, Sony you don't

The price for the DvD upgrade on X-box is very

small, less then $20.00 usd

-- X-box shows nudity, Sony don't. Prob not a very good

point, but should be noted. I am talking about the games

made for Sony, and not in any sort of reference to DvD

movies.

ZMAN

Archived