Are You a Thailophile?

Pescator

I dont suppose this word exists, but I reckon you can guess what I mean by that.

Actually in my language we have this word Francophile, used about someone who is very preoccupied with everything french, and no I dont understand that either ::

However, I sure have more than a few friends I would label Thailophile (count me in :angel:), and who spend the better part of their spare time with stuff related to Thailand. Their chosen friends are people who feel the same way as they do.

They would not even consider going anywhere else when on holiday. Often they have this dream of making LOS their home, preferably now instead of later.

Their contact lists on ICQ, Yahoo Messenger and MSN are bursting with TG contacts etc. etc. Well, you get the picture.

Are you a Thailophile?

No, I am not.

I am not a thailophile but I am working on it.

Count me in. I am a thailophile and proud of it.

I was a thailophile but have dumped this addiction.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working for it! ::

I read books about thailand, about boudhism, I learn thai (oh my god, how could I have this idea ::). But I think that I only fall for dark skinned asian women...

Best regards

I've been a Thailophile from about 6 months before I first went to Thailand about 9 years ago. I don't have much time for anything beyond this board these days but for years I would devour any travel guide, Thai history or fact book, etc.

Now aside from this site I shy away from talking about Thailand too much as most people don't have a clue. I might as well be talking about Nepal or Bhutan.

Whatever. Their loss.

Hi TB,

I forgot to mention this board and others like it and there is no option on this board to edit a post only to delete.

But having more than say 500 post on this board under your belt certainly is a strong indication of your "addiction" as well, if not a dead give away ::

cheers

Hua Nguu

Hi Brink15,

Now aside from this site I shy away from talking about Thailand too much as most people don't have a clue. I might as well be talking about Nepal or Bhutan.

So do I. And I do realize that other people have different priorities from those of mine and may not find my preoccupation with LOS as interesting as I do.

Interestingly in my country Denmark it is rather hard these days to find someone who has not been to Thailand. It is an extremely popular destination here and it also receives a lot of media attention on our national TV.

Although in my view the coverage is very onesided as they prefer to exclusively cover the dark sides like prostitution, drugs, the recent killings of drugdealers, corruption, HIV etc. you name it.

Anyway, the general knowledge of Thailand is pretty high in Denmark IMO.

Whatever, their loss

Well put. :)

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Says Hua Nguu:

Hi TB,

I forgot to mention this board and others like it and there is no option on this board to edit a post only to delete.

But having more than say 500 post on this board under your belt certainly is a strong indication of your "addiction" as well, if not a dead give away ::

cheers

Hua Nguu

Ha ha LOL ::

We also listen to Thai Cds and Thai movies etc.

YES and proud of it. Ive only been coming to Thailand about 3 years. I had always heard tales about it. Being in the Navy you always hear stories. But when I finally came ....well lets just say its the only place I would pay to go on vacation. I try to plan to come he twice a year when I can. Im trying to learn Thai (very slowly) , love reading about Thailand & things Thai. Plus Im a member of this fantastic board :: (I didnt over do it there did I?) ::

Archived