Why do people pay big money

Alfmaz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alfmaz, good subject.

Various factors involved here -- company covers the cost, limited time, some like to splurge, etc.

Agree that generally many sanukers are only there to shag, sleep and shower. Hardest part is finding these gems in the rough. If you're only in Thailand for 10 days do you really want to waste a day trekking around town looking for the best hotel deal?

My greatest grief with hotels in Thailand is the mid-range ($50-80) places that are crap. So many hotels project this high-class image via the Net but when you check in the sofa's ripped, blankets stained, shower trickles etc, etc.

Feel you're better off paying the extra $20 and staying at real 5-star joints or going the other way and 'rough it' at the 500 baht places.

Don't feel any great need for 4 or 5 star, but as I have gotten a little older (50+), I find I want a bit of comfort and convenience in the room. Also, a bit of confidence as to safety. That probably means 2,000 bht or a little more in BKK--a bit less in Pattaya or Samui. 25 years ago, AC, a bed and a western-style commode and I would have been happy.

Hi Alfmaz,

I would have to say comfort zone, Like my parents when they go on holiday they like to stay in 5 star hotels in the USA ::

They haven't been out side of United States :(

I was like them until after my first trip to South Korea, I stayed in $65.00 usd hotel rooms ::

Lisean learned :bow:

I'm trying to get them to come to Thailand for holiday

mothers answer No Way :( :(

She wants to got to Germany some day, ok with me but

she'll only stay in high class 5 star hotels there also

to bad :(

I'm with you some of the less expansive hotels are just as nice or even better ::

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

People just do not know like you do.

Some people also like to make sure they stay somewhere nice. I remember after staying one night at Grace, I was happy to pay 1605 baht for a Suite at Nana Hotel (not bad for under 40 bucks!)

I am never on a budget when I?m in Thailand, but I do like spending on things for myself with the money I do save, gadget that hasn?t been released in OZ land.

I love the Sunuk, but I?m a LT taker not a ST taker, but I am saving for a Condo in Thailand so the money I save goes towards that. :hubba:

Corollary to question: Why do people pay be money...

For Clothes: when they can buy their wardrobes at K-Mart?

For Cars: Why buy any car other than a Hugo since the purpose is to get from point a to point b?

For Food: When McDonalds and Burger King offers great deals on meal combinations?

For Girls: Why pay 2,000 Thb for a young lovely when you can find skankly girls on the street for less than 500? After all the idea is to get your rock off... isn't it?

Archived