Taking TG to Singapore

I know it's been touched before, just wanted to share how we went during this long weekend.

Her passport was virgin blank. Thai immigration asked her to step aside and answer few questions. Why, for how long, who I was, what does she do...

Being her first time abroad, I don't really blame them. Felt like they were acting in her interest, worried that I might do some harm to her.

Don't know was it that the name of her school (full time student, not asked to produce student id) sounded familiar but the officer just said "xxxx school good, go" .

In Singapore, we came to the counter together and not a single question was asked.

That was about us. Other than 2 mins with Thai immigration, all nice and smooth as was the time we had in the city state.

Not everyone goes that easy:

While we were waiting at Changi imm, another Thai woman (in late 30s) at the next counter (travelling alone) was having a hard time.

Her hand bag had to be emptied, money shown (the officer counted it, personally and slowly), it was obvious he was too eager.

Her passport had many stamps in it and, other than gold all over her, she did not really resemble a hooker.

Finally, he let her go but not before the entire hall could hear "I am giving you 2 weeks this time, not an hour longer!".

That has been my experience as well. If I am with her, no questions, if she is by herself, a big hassle. Went through the same thing with Thai Imm first time we used wife's new passport after she changed her name. I guess we could have shown her old one; the one with 3 extra sets of pages to prove this was not her first trip. I think it is good that Imm is making an attempt to make sure the girls are ok before letting them leave.

On a side note, ever seen how Thailand does extra pages? Those pull-out pages really make a passport messy.

TH

Says think_too_mut:

In Singapore, we came to the counter together and not a single question was asked.

Hi ttm,

I did this about two years ago. Same experience at BKK, but at Changi I had to show the airline ticket for the return journey. The (female) officer had a doubtful look on her face the whole time but let us through without any more questions.

Khwai

Archived