Odd Things Happening in Thai Restaurants

Pescator

They dont really get it!!

Have you tried sitting in a thai restaurant having a meal when you all of a sudden see not to mention hears the owner riding his motorbike with a roar and fumes of smoke some 5 inches past your table?

Or witnessed in horror how 2 guys start an angle grinder and move on to cutting tiles thus creating clouds of dust and defeaning noise in the very same room where you are trying to have a meal?

Or the exquisite joy of being able to witness how all the staff is busy involved in performing an "operation" on one of the waitresses thigh to remove a revolting pimple at the size of a Lynchee inches away from your table?

or witnessed in horror how a fat rat leasurely crosses the floor before it disappears under the shelf inside the kitchen. In fact the rat was so fat that it could hardly drag its fat ass across the floor fast enough to avoid being stepped on. And it was so fat that it would be obvious to anywhere (except for a thai that is) where it would staying as it had virtually created a visible track between the shelf and the fridge due to frequent visits.

On a side note. When you sit in a thai movie theater where there is lots of yummy stuff on the floor, I suggest you keep your feet above ground level after the lights have been put out!

I speak also here from personal experience. :o:help:

Anyone with similar experiences?

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I can deal with most stuff, but it's seeing the roaches that cause me to say "no mas" and throw in the towel. Situations like this: as you peer behind the glass food stall to decide what you want you can't help but notice on the glass a roach the size of a mouse climbing up. :help:

For some reason, the rats don't bother me. I've eaten out on the street a few times where they just keep to themselves. The most interesting run ins with rats have been at patpong. Besides the ones darting around there, Pinocchio bar has a sort of pet rat who is allowed to mill around the bar checking out what's in an ashtray or just idling about here or there. I had a close call with it one time as it was in the bathroom and when I closed it in accidentally with me, it almost ran up my leg, scaring the daylights out of me, but then it decided to hop in the garbage can! That was the first time I had seen it and the staff had to tell me it was all right. Then there was a time at kiss bar where a rat decided to walk down the aisle and suddenly no feet in the joint were touching the floor. A bargirl emerged and calmly scouped it onto a dust pan and carried it outside as it eyed people wondering what all the fuss was about.

Hi Escape Rabbit,

How could I have forgotten about the roaches? ::

Thank you for reminding me.

For some reason, the rats don't bother me.

They do bother me when I think about the time when they (together with their good buddy - the flea) wiped out half of Europes population a couple of centuries ago. :o

Cheers

Hua Nguu

They do bother me when I think about the time when they (together with their good buddy - the flea) wiped out half of Europes population a couple of centuries ago. :o

Me as well. :onfire: Just thinking about the plague which broke out in some parts of India several years ago. Rats are dangerous rodents. :down:

Hi Limbo,

next to a busy road, so half of the time you can't maintain conversations due to big trucks passing by

Dont I know about that. :)

Which leads to another interesting question how come they always place the public phone booth on the busiest junction in town ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived