Any recent info on City lodge and The Ambassador?

folgore

Having been there in November and booking again for later this month I am having problems getting sawadee.com to confirm that double beds are available at the ambassador and just get the reply that this is 'subject to availablity'.

Last time I had a lot of hassle with sawadee who had emailed and confirmed my booking as specified only to find on arrival at the hotel no double bedroom was free and according to the hotel not requested. A day later after much hassle and demands for alternatives a suitable room was made available and I went on to have a very pleasant stay, apart from one encouter with a rather surley security 'manager'(another story..)over the one of my guests.

Anyway..the question is...is it possible to get double beds booked and confirmed at the ambassador or does one have to play roulette and hope for the best when booking through sawadee.com?

JP

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had poor results with Sawadee.com. As far as the Ambassador Hotel goes I have had some problems with one of the guards at the luxury suites elevator asking for a joinder fee. It is intermittent and only him. Be aware.

Yeah..true to form sawadee are messing aorund again with the booking, despite my very clear specifications for double room with bed they are still saying its 'subject to availabilty' on the day of arrival.

Totally fucking useless given their track record.

Now I am disputing the deposit with them, they're saying its none refundable..I made it clear when the room was booked I required a double bed, why did they accept the booking if they can't comply with the requestand confirm details?

Not a company that I shall use again.

JP

I had problems with these jokers on this trip. I'd tried to book at Lamai99 on Koh Samui. 'All full' they said - back in September. However, they offered another place...

Hmmm, my bad I suppose. Ended up with the honeymooning couples about 8 miles away in the middle of nothing. You ain't never done the walk of shame that I did on the first morning!

Nice views though. And the beer was cold... Anyway it cost me to wriggle out the next day. 1300 baht. Don't ask. Some old bollocks involving the hotel already having paid sawadee.com yadda, yadda.

So, I walked out and then into a most definitely not fully occupied Lamai99 and got what I wanted. Finally.

• 2 weeks later...

Like Vinod I stay in the Ambassador all the time and no agent will confirm a double bed in the booking. It is the only complaint that I have here.

On my last trip in December I had booked a non smoking room and double bed and when I arrived I got a smoking room and twin beds. We stayed one night like this and they changed us over next day with no trouble. They claimed the hotel was full and I accepted that. They also gave me a bowl of fruit and a free newspaper every day to make up for it.

I book thru wireddestinations.com and can never get a double confirmed online. I pay 1300 at the moment for a Tower wing room and I think that's pretty good.

Uniformguy

I stayed at the Ambassador for the first time in December. I'd asked for a double bed but got twin singles and a cursory, insincere apology, no basket of fruit or whatnot, thank you kindly. :( I was in the Main wing, not the Tower bit: room was decent-sized but musty and showing far too many signs of wear and tear (bit like myself ::). Maids were very cheerful and courteous :), in direct contrast to the reception desk staff, all of whom I found surly and miserable. :doah: When I checked out, they'd totally fucked up my bill (room service stuff was all over the place and they tried to charge me a night's money I'd already paid to the travel agent :nono:). The bird finally grudgingly admitted the hotel's mistake(s) but didn't apologise at all, treated me as if I was trying to pull a fast one all down the line. :onfire: An outraged old Aussie bloke along the counter from me was having the same problems, judging by the steam pouring out of his ears and the entertaining stream of fruity curses he was bellowing into the ether for all to enjoy. :cussing:

The lobby area is a lot less like a brothel waiting-area than that of Nana Hotel, seemed to be populated by groups of Asian tourists and young caucasian honeymoon couples rather than the Nana's colourful assortment of gypsies, tramps, and thieves. :rolleyes: Some decent-looking backpacker-ish farang chicks wandering about solo looking lost, too. :hubba: No hassle smuggling obvious hookers back to my room at any time of the day or night, however, or loading up the fridge with my own booze from the 7/11. :up: Swimming pool's a fair size for exercise, but the surrounding seating area is pitifully grotty and most of it doesn't get the sun till mid-afternoon :(, by which time any reasonable feller's elsewhere and on his seventh beer. ::

Okay for location and price ($24 per night all-in on the 'net), I suppose?

jack :beer:

Archived