Steve

Okay, you tech geeks! First of all my tech knowledge very limited. I still haven't figured out how to program the timer on my vcr.

I've been advised there's not much I can do about this. I want to put up an avatar on here. Its not linked to a website, its a photo I have saved in the 'my photos' folder in my PC.

I linked the photo to my profile in nana via c:/ and it appears on my PC as an avatar but I've been told it can't be seen by others. Also, when I sign on from a different PC it goes away, probably because it can't connect to my photos of the pc I originally placed it from.

Is there anything I can do?

Wow, I made a post without mentioning women or sports!!!

Hi CS,

You've almost sussed the problem. Firstly, you can't link to a picture on your hard drive using c:\????. When I try and download your avatar, the link will cause my pc to look on my hard drive where obviously the picture doesn't exist. So you need to store the picture somewhere that's accessable from the internet via a URL which will also specify a particular server.

Secondly, just think of the implications if I could easily download files from your PC ::

If you haven't already found it, the info you require has just been posted in this forum so click on the following link for more info

Archived