New Swiss (airline)?

jp1

Correct...but what about the poor agents that get caught in the middle of all the maze.

We earn 5% of the ell cheapo ticket ..cant cover costs on those sort of sales.

I don't believe the tales of 'poor agents'. Here we're talking about Europe and I don't know a single European market where agents are living on 5% only. Trust me it's much more.

Oh well we can wait till they fold i guess.

They won't fold easily. The established carriers have to fight back.

These fly cheap charlie airlines still have to fill the aircraft and pay for fuel/crew..etc how long do they last without an up trend in fares...not long

They've a complete different setup compared to the traditional carriers. They don't have a sales organization, they don't have town offices, they don't -in most cases- issue tickets, it's almost always via e-mail or e-bookings or at the time of departure, first come, first go. They also don't issue boarding passes and everything served on board is to be paid separately. In addition they don't frequent the big airports but fly to provincial airports where landing and operating fees are much lower than in the hubs.

Only theoretically. If somebody from a small country like Switzerland wants to fly for a few cents, so to speak, he can still travel accross the border to Italy, France or Germany and take one of the 'Cheap Charlie' Airlines.

We have cheap charlie airlines also in Switzerland (Easy Jet for example).

Switzerland is not a EU Member but we have a lot of contracts with the EU

that makes the effect, that my country is not so far away from the EU.

Archived