Hard Disk Privacy and Customs

OCGringo--

I agree.. It is far better to have that HD on your person.. in the off-chance (and IMHO, it's just that-- an off-chance) that Thai customs asks for inspection, you're there to answer any questions that may come from the examination.. Speaking with several of my contacts within the Thai Customs Bureau, I see that so-called intensive inbound passenger examinations are rare, but are done on occassion...

Not to nit-pick, I always thought that once you actually land (plane touch down) you are classified as "landed".. and once you've cleared all four of the major inspections (Immigration, Customs, Health, USF&W, USDA) your status then becomes "admitted"....

--UPSer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry mate -

Some of us are a suspicious bunch- the fact that you know what programs like PGP or KGB are already shows what you're up to.

Just can't leave it behind huh?

The idea that you can't leave your gun literature behind is ridiculous. If you post something like that on the board you've got to know we're not stupid..

Anyway - my advice is to really LEAVE the harddrive. :beer:

[color:"red"] If in fact it deals only with 'Some political newspaper articles they might not like' and a few 'tasteful nudes' I can't believe your considering burning them on a rom and disguising them as a cd.

[/color]

You said exactly how I feel, thanks. :bow:

Jasmine :devil:

Archived