Your favourite daily newspaper in los

I am not sure, if there has already been a poll with this subject (a search didn't show up any results). I wonder, what is your favourite daily newspaper? I am still happy when having my breakfast and reading the Bangkok Post.

Your favourite daily newspaper

I am not reading; I am here for hunting girls only

Bangkok Post

The Nation

Other foreign Newspaper, please specify

Other Thai Newspaper, please specify

Others, please specify.

Wow! not a vote for Nation so far. It's funny, you get used to a newspaper, the way it's formatted, and it's hard to change the habit of reading it. I hear the BKKPost is conservative, from the stuff i read, i do not think so, at least from what i expect from a "to the right" newspaper in not so democratic country such as LOS. Try the Burma official ragletter for that!

Some of the opinion columns are quite interesting, definitely not Pro-thaksin, if i know how to read.

The readers letters always crack me up, there is some much (self)righteousness in them.

The outlook section is not what it used to be, less cultural, more about society, but still a good read.

i have finally given up on thai News, especially when it's BKK based, except for the continuous "assembly of the poor" reports, a now permanent fixture in these pages.

My GF looks at me, raising her shoulders every morning, as i dutifully cut out every item i find culturally important and keep eternally. I must have hundreds of these clippings, here in SF, and under the bed in a huge bag, in Pattaya. This is the best mess to keep pictures and phone #s i do not want her to see as there is not a fat chance she will ever go thru that pile. Drawers, she will. so :shhh:not a word, ok? ;)

PS: i have nothing against the Nation.

As a perennial Johnny Tourist I like few things better in the early afternnon than to peruse a 4 day old 'Daily Mail' whilst eating one of the Chequers Fully Monty cardiac strainers. Reading of the travails of my countrymen whilst I'm there gives me a certain sense of schadenfreude.

All--

I voted for the Wall Street Journal (or any of their regional editions)... I like their business focused articles and consistent viewpoints..

--UPSer

Archived