Boiler rooms

bibblies

Says PvtDick:

I knew Ian Travis, the New Zealand boiler room boss who got whacked last year. He used to work out at Clark Hatch (Thaniya Plaza branch) when I was a member there around 10 years ago. Seemed like a normal enough guy, but perhaps a bit cocky.

Not anymore! ::

Proof of what goes around, comes around.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys on the phone make nothing, or at least very little.

But as KS said, once you get up the food chain, there are big bucks rolling in.

I knew a group of several of these guys before. The "owner" was a UK millionaire several times over. He had set up in Manila, the Thai Islands, Bangkok and Jakarta.

He was thinking of setting up in Costa Rica and Laos as well.

His floor manager at one of his thailand branches was making US$150,000 a year living in Thailand.

They had ins with the Thai police and always received tipoffs, closing down the entire operation and flying everyone out of the country at a moments notice.

They always came back to set up again when tyhings cooled off.

These particular group has since left thailand and are workiong out of their other branches.

These weren't my friends, but I did know them pretty well. Most had absolutely no remorse and most had no concern about being caught. They just figured they would get deported and at the worst blacklisted. They weren't here for Thailand, but for the scam.

I am friends with one of the guys who left the operation after they left LOS. He said that it was too much for him. The money was great, but he felt like he had hit rock bottom and was scum of the earth. He said it was hard to live with himself knowing that each day he was going to wake up and scam people out of their money.

He has since moved on and now is legit working in Thailand. For him too the threatt of being blacklisted became to big of a risk for him.

Just my knowlege of one operation that I must reiterate I was never a part of.

Take it for whatever you think its worth.

YES, they worked for Kealy and to be honest they made shiploads of money, arround 250K per months, followed by big parties at the Riva's or former Shannigans ( Kealy is or was one of the owners). After they all went to jail, the whole thing broke down. The savings were basically spent to bribe the guards at jail. Cheers, Singhaman

Says Singhaman:

.... followed by big parties at the Riva's or former Shannigans ( Kealy is or was one of the owners)....

You mean "The Dubliner" and he still is a part owner I believe.

It brings the sign on the outside of the Dubliner into an unpleasant new perspective - "We cheat Tourists and Drunks"

Archived