Where to buy cameras and equipment

Spiff

Hi!

I have just bought a new Nikon camera for my upcoming trip to Thailand (and maybe Cambodia). Does anyone know a good (or cheep) place to buy filters and lenses? I know that they make many lenses and even Nikon cameras in Thailand so I hope that it's possible to buy these things cheaper in Thailand then in Norway.

Thanks!

I know that they make many lenses and even Nikon cameras in Thailand so I hope that it's possible to buy these things cheaper in Thailand then in Norway.

I can't speak for Nikon, but It doesn't seem to work that way. For instance, despite Seagate hard drives being made in Thailand, they run higher in Thailand than outside. ::

Take a look at www.tohome.com for ballpark prices on lots of stuff in Thailand.

I have found that camera equipment is cheaper in the USA or Singapore than in Bangkok. If you have to buy here, there is a well equipped camera store on the ground floor of the MBK shopping center. I dont remember the name but it is the only sizeable camera store on that floor.

I recently was shooting some photos in Thailand with my Nikon. I needed a long exposure, and even with a low ASA film, there was just too much light.

I needed a 2 or 3 stop ND filter.

I phoned photographic shops, labs, camera rental places. I was unable to find an ND filter.

I was amazed. Surely if there is one place in the world you need an ND filter, it is Thailand.

ranma

I just returned from MBK and found a rather good store there. I only found a small one at the ground floor that basically only sold films and cameras but there is a big one on the third floor. Had all kinds of camera stuff, from very cheap to very expensive. The place was rather busy with lots of falangs but I liked the place. Good service. They didn't have the filters I was looking for but I bought a blue filter (I don't know the real name) for 1100 Bath. A little bit cheaper then in Norway and a cable release, about 600 Bath and films 100 Bath each. Except from the film it was not what I would call cheap but it was cheaper than back home. I'm happy and will go back if I need some more stuff.

Thanks again for the help!

:)

Archived