Apology to All Black fans

gobbledonk

On behalf of all *thinking* Wallaby fans, I'd like to apologise to any Kiwi who has witnessed the tragic attempt at humour that is Channel 7's ad for tonights Bledisloe Cup decider. It features sheep in All-Black jerseys, attempting the Haka, then running in fear when a lone 'Wallaby' produces a set of shears : real side-splitting stuff.

If the Wallabies were the dominant team that they were 3-4 years ago, I could understand a little horseplay, but given that tonights result could well be a cricket score (in NZ's favour), I am appalled that they've taken this tack.

Perhaps commercial television is like government - we get what we deserve.

Unfortunately I missed the game as I was sailing back from the beach with Noah in his ark after three days of torrential rain left every living creature in Japan scampering for high ground! Disastrous summer this year in the Land of Wa as Europe bakes!

So have the Wallabies improved that much from the team that got thrashed a few weeks back by all and sundry or did the All Blacks go easy on us?

Says Roppongi:

Unfortunately I missed the game as I was sailing back from the beach with Noah in his ark after three days of torrential rain left every living creature in Japan scampering for high ground! Disastrous summer this year in the Land of Wa as Europe bakes!

So have the Wallabies improved that much from the team that got thrashed a few weeks back by all and sundry or did the All Blacks go easy on us?

The All Blacks defence was awsome we did not cross..2 disallowed tries...we was robbed on one IMO.

Great improvement from Wallabies....droped a pass with line 2 metres out would have scored...well maybe.

Rain came down in buckets in second half and the ball was like soap..we missed a goal kick as well...but better team one on the night.

Some work still to do before the Cup.

John Eales has reportedly claimed that the Wallabies can go on from here and win the World Cup in 7 weeks time. I appreciate the fact that there was a marked improvement in their overall play on Saturday night, but I just cant see them pulling it off.

I dont deny that, on a good night, they can match it with the All Blacks (England ? Dont go there, GF :) ), but they let themselves down by losing the plot with 4 or 5 minutes still on the clock. Why Rogers (a player whom I have the utmost respect for) felt the need to *kick* the bloody ball when they clearly had NZ rattled in the dying minutes is a mystery to me, and the pass that went straight out of the park had me shouting obscenties at the telly.

The BIG difference between this team and the Wallabies of 4 years previous is Eales - he gave them a degree of composure under pressure that Gregan simply cant muster. The spectacle of the Wallabies, down on the scoreboard, rallying in the dying seconds to pull off miracle victories is one of the finest in sport, whether you are a Rugby fan or not, but I just cant see it happening in the Final of the WC.

Lets hope I'm wrong.

I agree Artiew,

""That pass"" a panic pass imo if had stuck they were over for sure.

A new captain..? dont know but someone has to keep a cool head as you say.

Wendal going off early did not help..he was going forward with fire in the belly.

7 weeks ...will depend.how the other teams go..injuries etc we may make the ""finals""...may!!!

Archived