Grand Hyatt info, anybody?

vic2244

WIll be checking into Grand Hyat on Thursday, never tried it before. Anybody have any useful info in regarding the hotel like guest policy, neighborhood, Spasso, room facilities. Thanks. Past experience is around Sukhumvit area.

Majestic Suites: Aman (the owner) is the best.

Grand President: Great room service in terms of food and in room massage (some Spasso girls)

Sheraton: Nice but a little bit our of the way. Impress the BG a lot though. The bed they have there is just spendid.

quote:

Originally posted by vic2244:

WIll be checking into Grand Hyat on Thursday, never tried it before. Anybody have any useful info in regarding the hotel like guest policy, neighborhood, Spasso, room facilities. Thanks.

Vic, I routinely put clients in this five star hotel and they have consistently told me guests are not allowed on the premises. However, this came up on the board before and one fellow said he was able to get a guest in. I think it best for you to confirm this first before bringing a guest and facing a potentially embarassing situation.

The location is outstanding as you are a stone's throw away from the World Trade Center, Narayaphand (Thai Handicrafts, souvenirs, etc.), Sogo and Peninsula Plaza Shopping Centers. Not far from Pratunam Market, Pantip Plaza, NEP, and, of course, the Skytrain stop on Rajadamri Road.

The rooms are nice as are the facilities. They even have a small jogging track on the premises, but if you are into that, I suggest the short trip to Lumpini Park - about a 10 minute walk straight down Rajadamri Road.

Spasso's is truly the place the beautiful people go to party. Decent food and a band. Very pricey though. The last time I was there I think a beer was 250 baht. Some high class freelancers are available. Also, straight ladies, but they will likely ignore you.

I think you will find your stay at this hotel significantly different from the others you mentioned. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, let me update on the Grand Hyatt situation. Obviously they amended the guest policy and adopted the no hassle policy lately. Straight in, but I would still recommend to have the girl leave their ID at the front desk for your own security reasons. Spasso is a little bit quiet. Overall, highly recommend if you can manage a good rate. I got a US$85 a night deal. Totally awesome.

Sarisin, i've been staying at Grand Hyatt for many years on my trips to bkk. They have always been EXTREMELY guest friendly, day or middle of the night. They do require id's though.

Very much like Spasso, although on my last trip in Dec, I was kinda disappointed as it was very quiet. But, I enjoyed the music so.... smile.gif" border="0

Vic,

IMHO, the Erewan is one of the best hotels in Bangkok. I stay on the Club floor (16-18) and the rooms are superb, but they charge accordingly (At least $210, but you do have the use of a small lounge for breakfast, and evening canopes with drinks - all included).

I have taken girls in without any problem. Security checked there ID's.

Spasso is classy, as are the girls, but they charge accordingly.

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: seasider ]

Archived