Business Inn - Soi 11/1

Tycona

I actually have reservations for this place in February. Has anyone stayed here? Any comments on the place?

Another thing: as there was a fire close by in the Embassador; did soi 11/1 suffer from the fire? I emailed them a few days ago but did not get any answer...

Thanks.

This place ia a kip. I stayed there last year and the rooms are not very nice. Difficult to get to - a narrow stairs brings you to your room. The lift broke down while I was in it, with 3 others. The emergency lighting didn't work. The same day was extrememly hot. The only light came from the operator pulling the doors apart wioth his hands. Lucky for us he was there as I'm sure the rest of us wouldn't have had a clue of where to find anything in the dark. I also had a bad experience with money at 'registration'. 500 Baht went missing i.e. it was stolen from my passport while it was being photocopied - no explanation was given. Denials all around. Istayed one night and then moved out to the Hotel Bangkok Inn just a few doors away. Far better place. A little dearer but well worth it. Totally guest friendly. Contact me direct if you want to know more.

Thanks for replying Hamok. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. When did you stay there? And please define 'not so nice' for the rooms.

The place actually got a good review on the nanapong site smile.gif" border="0 Might have to get myself a backup reservation.

No more business inn for me!

quote:

Other review:

Arrived at BKK, cleared immigration; got luggage and just caught airport bus (100B). I was at Business Inn hotel (Soi 11/1) within an hour min after landing. I'd previously e-mailed them for a room and they quoted 600B/nite, which was below their normal rate, and I knew they were conveniently located. I checked in but won't stay more than one night...poor AC w/o controls, very small room but so old that the walls had petroglyphs; bed is hard as a rock (hard mattress & no box springs) and room is noisy from the street and worse was the construction going on next door until 10pm. I had hoped to get a good nights sleep and overcome my jetlag, but that proved impossible. I'd been placed on 6th floor; the rooms are across the street from their office. While the elevator works, the stairwells were piled high with laundry from the maids and I would be unable to leave via the stairs if there was a fire. Not so good! In short the place is a _dump_ and not worth anywhere close to 600B/nite. I've stayed in guesthouses in Cambodia, which were better, for 70B/nite! Definitely NOT recommended. On the positive side is the staff was friendly/courteous; spoke English and their travel agency is good and convenient; other than using those services, don't go there!

Archived