Isaan girls don't speak Thai?

wonderlust

[color:"red"] There comes a point where a person is overeducated to do the labor involved with rice planting and harvest. It is physically demanding but more importantly it would be horribly boring for an educated person as well as looked down upon.

[/color]

I think "being looked down upon" is very true statement in Thailand and I hope it will change. :onfire:

Look at the farmers in the USA, many of them are colleage educated and quite proud of what they do (of course the US government also takes care of the farmers well). I buddy of mine (used to work with him) goes home every day to work on his apple orchards. An employee quit his job so he could continue growing corn (promised his father).

[color:"red"] They may see a point of diminishing returns in having too many educated people. [/color]

I don't know, but it appears that many priviledged Thais pay no attention to the less priviledge ones. Many of them blame on their Karma. I think they are so desenitized for seeing them every day. I don't have any answers, sorry.

:banghead:

Jasmine :banghead:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW P127, I really agree with you wholeheartedly here!!!

-----------------------------

as usual, Dear Jas, as usual.... :hubba:

The chinese have long been accepted as great strivers, anywhere. This is a good question that would have to be answered globally, since in every country where the primary ethnies are a bit self-complacent, to speak a word not too inflammatory, they reach the top to the point of being restrained by regulations (Malaysia), or the butt of racial progroms (Malaysia earlier and Indonesia not long ago).

PS: I wish to add Vietnam to the countries whose industriousness and will of the people may prove a hard challenge to Thailand's share of the asian and global market, 20 years on

Archived