Normal or sticky rice?

Torneyboy

Hi Zaad,

I like both :hubba:

I eat regular rice every night here in Colorado ::

I had sticky rice from bamboo for the first time last year with my girlfriend I loved it ::

I will have some more when I go back to see my girlfriend in September :neener: :hubba:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

Hi Zaad,

My vote goes to the sticky rice too. But definitely not the sweetened one with the mango. Well, it is a dessert anyway, I dont like desserts.

Just too bad the sticky rice is so time consuming to prepare, but I guess you wouldnt know anyway? ::I seem to recall that you are married.

Have you by the way witnessed the reaction of many thai people when they see farang eat sticky rice for the first time?

They say something like: OOh, gin khao niaow phen rue?

So you can eat sticky rice? Said with astonishment.

Why would anyone not be able to eat sticky rice? I could understand if they said that when they saw a farang eating som tham with 30 mouse dropping chillies, fermented fish - the infamous Pla Rah - and pickled crap in it, but sticky rice?

::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Hi Hua Nguu,

Have you by the way witnessed the reaction of many thai people when they see farang eat sticky rice for the first time?

Funny you mention this. Last week my girl and I walked through a market and ordered pork with sticky rice. They asked her if I was able to eat it and couldn't believe their ears when she informed them it was MY idea to buy sticky rice. Their eyes dropped on the floor when they found out I even understood the conversation :)

When will they realize that some farangs do understand the language (a bit :)) and do eat Thai food? WHEN? ::

Archived