Accommodation for Board Members???

MooNoi

I was thinking this morning...

There are so many members on the board now, and so many of us travel - not just to LOS but all over.

A lot of board members do NOT live in Thailand, obviously, and come from all sorts of far-flung corners of the globe.

I'm also sure quite a few members would live by themselves with a spare room or two.

Maybe we could start up some sort of 'stay over' service amongst the board members when we travel??? What I mean is, say someone is travelling to Sydney in Australia... they could put a post on the board asking if anyone there has a spare room/bed and could they come and stay for a day or two. It would save us a lot of money at times, introduce us to other board members and would be great for talking and reminiscing about LOS!!! :)

I know it might sound strange having a stranger stay in your home, but I'm pretty sure most of the board members here are (clinically!) sane ( :o:dunno:), and wouldn't be 'problem guests'.

I know when I move back Oz next month, it wouldn't be a problem for me and I wouldn't mind at all. Myself, I actually owe a lot of people some gratitude around the world for letting me sleep on their sofa! :bow:

What do you guys think???

Fly P.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice idea FLY.

For me the board member would have to sign a confidentiality agreement before arrival ::

Imagine sitting around and having dinner with your wife and your visitor .

Whom says..oh remember the night you posted about going to Eden..and the two girls you took to the hotel from XYZ etc etc :o

Still//nice idea FLY :up:

Whom says..oh remember the night you posted about going to Eden..and the two girls you took to the hotel from XYZ etc etc

Yeah... imagine some of the stuff Fiery Jack could come out with!!! :o :o :drunk:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whom says..oh remember the night you posted about going to Eden..and the two girls you took to the hotel from XYZ etc etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah... imagine some of the stuff Fiery Jack could come out with!!!

FJ came to mind :: :drunk:

He would need to leave a large cash deposit...every time he swore or worse..a deduction would be made :angel:

I would have to hire a special beer fridge for his vacation :angel:

Dont mention LZPhill ::

Last time I had a look at the guys around Nana Plaza/soi4 area it looked like there had been a large breakout from some maximum security prison. I'm not sure I'd feel safe if one of these guys showed up at my door looking to stay.

FLY

Hmm.. most people who have more than one bedroom would either be professional , high end earner or married / live in girlfriend.

I am sure I would love having to go to work everyday and having some board member wanted to go out to party everyday. or my wife getting up and seeing some sex tourist walking through our livingroom with with some BG.

What would happen if you did not like the guy? Kick him out and see you get blasted on the board..

Guest lazyphil

If I got to know a board member well enough and he could return the gesture , i.e. provide a house with a garden in a nice area for my family and not a pokey little condo/apartment in a clogged up traffic ridden street then I'd be up for it. I'm actually still thinking about having overseas students stay as the University of Cambridge is close by, but this is pure profiteering ;), my mate just had some 16 year old Japanese student for 6 weeks in his crazy house of kids and both him and his falang wife are pretty scarey to look at, quite a novel experince for a young naive hi-so Japanese girl ::...but I dont care if its a 'sex tourist' or regular Thai. The girl my mrs works with never set foot in any girlie bar, worked in accounts for a BKK bus company stays over ours quite alot. No time for jumped up SNOBS!!!!! (not directed at you FP) ...I've had a prolific 'whoremonger' stay over and he was a perfect gentleman. The ones who act up all perfect and can do no wrong might just be the arseholes at a dinner table??..who knows???

Great idea! I have a room with own bathroom available at my house on Soi39 (Sukhumvit). There is also a pool and other facilities. I also wouldnt mind somebody watching my place while I am away. Of course for free. In return I would love to go to the US or Australia.

Cheers, :beer:

Archived