Go Go Dancer Murdered

racha

From the Hard Rock ago go in Phuket,

We have some sad news to report. One of our dancing staff lost her life on August 21st, 2003. She was the victim of a revenge killing by the Thai boyfriend she attempted to leave. Her name was Nee, and some of you likely recognize her, as she worked for us for around 10 years. The cops are on the trail of the cowardly killer who did a runner back to his native Nakhorn Si Tamarat. He hasn't been nabbed yet, but word is among the plod, he will definitely resist arrest and will be eliminated extra-judiciously. She was cremated on August 25th. Our heart goes out to her family & friends...

Link to story and photo of her here

thanks for the news Racha.

RH is a regular watering hole of mine and looking at the link,i think(?) i have seen the girl before.

a sad story and i feel for all her family and friends... :(

reminds me of the murder of a female bar owner in Soi Eric last year(i think).

i knew the woman slightly and had had the odd chat with her.

was shocked to hear of her murder.

Like you the HR was one of my favorite watering holes when I lived in Phuket. When I saw Racha was the poster I had a bad feeling as I knew it probably meant Phuket. Although I don't really recognize her from the photo there is a good chance I might have bought her a drink or two back then.

It's sad when anyone gets killed but it seems to hit home more when you know the person or place.

There was a beer bar in Karon that my buddies and I used to frequent after work. The girls were all very low pressure and didn't mind if you only wanted a drink and a chat. An older woman who was really sweet to everyone even though she rarely got BF'd didn't show up for work one day. It seems her piece of shit Thai husband, who she was supporting, had problems justifying her sleeping with farang to pay his bills and decided to strangle her to death. One of the other girls found her in her bungalow and the husband had split with his possessions.

I am not sure what you mean that police give him what he deserves. Just kill him?

I much prefer that justice is followed and carried out. That he is caught , due process is applied and if found guilty then whatever laws and penalities are carried out.

I wish thailand strives to do the latter than the former. That is democracy....

This get even/knee jerk mentality without due process, many innocent people have lost their lives or injustices done to them. And i am not talking about this case in particular but the mentality behind it.....

Cardinalblue

I know of too many cases where murderers have bought their way out. If he is killed while trying to escape, he can't do that. Tough justice but in the end perhaps better than no justice at all. I read that 14 Thai activists resisting business interests in illegal logging, etc., etc., have been killed since Taksin came to power. Not one plotter arrested. Corruption doesn't bother me; it is their country, not mine. But injustice sure does.

Archived