Thick as Thieves.....

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

....thats my nippers rabbit and she. Got the little bundle a few months ago and its growing into a very big bold, confident pain in the bum (the rabbit that is!!), cant leave it in the run as its dug out twice and the hutch it wont settle, just goes crazy inside. So as the garden is enclosed we just let it run about the garden. Fine you may think, but its not scared to just wonder in back door at will (cant shut the door if littlun outside)...it comes in and soils our very expensive new carpet or goes behind the fridge and gets stuck :banghead: I'd wok the dam thing but I think littlun wouldn't speak with me ever again :o

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi LP,

kids always get very attached to pets. I'd hate to see that thing running on my expensive new carpet. ::

BTW, reminds me of that lapin meal I had planned with BB and Samak :grinyes:, damn forgot about that oh well..anyway..I would definitely get rid of that thing and find her (your little girl) a nice replacement in the form of a teddy bear :: barbie? legos? anything that doesn't shit. ::

Goodluck!

LPhil,

Get one of the expandable dog gates that can be easily put up and taken down in any doorway. (Expands with rubber bumpers on the edge which keep the gate lodged in the doorway. Easy to use.) These are low to the floor, about maybe two/two and a half feet high. It'll keep the rabbit outside, and you'll be able to watch the nipper and can easily step over the gate without having to open it each time you want to pass through the doorway. (Also good to keep young kids outside when washing the floors and such stuff. :-)

You can probably pick one of these dog gates up at one of the specialty shops that sell everything for pets. Over here in the states you can pick one up for about 10 or 20 dollars.

Cent

Hi lazyphil.

I hope I'm getting this right your now BIG rabbit dig's from it's little pin or cage correct, and the rabbit gets in to your house ::

What I would do is put some small gage chicken wire in the ground of the pen or cage, this will prevent the rabbit from getting out ::

For stoping the rabbit from getting in the house I would go to a pet , or a department store that sells children gates for the door ways ::

Hope this helps :hug:

paulc31 :angel::grinyes:

Guest lazyphil

Tried childrens gates but no good, to wide gaps and gets in easy through gaps!!....as for wire under run, well, I guess its an option but seems a bit cruel to have the rabbit running around on wire???

Hi Phil,

the rabbit doesn't run around on the wire. Where ever the pen is, you put wire into the ground, so when the rabbit starts digging, he will encounter the wire and can't dig his way out.

You gotta dig about half a meter I guess.

Archived