What the hell did the quack give me?

On my recent trip to Pattaya i went in search of valium at the pharmacy's.....no luck...it seems that the asking of valium is akin to asking the pharmacist if you could roger his wife,judging by the looks i was getting

So i went to a clinic and asked for some valium....the doctor said sorry no have but you can try these,and emptied 20 small white tabs into a bag....will they help me sleep i asked...yes she replied.I paid her 200bht and walked out slightly peeved i could not get valium.

fast forward to Sydney airport and i'm going through custom's.I am beckoned over to a table and my belongings turfed out....they find my pills of which i have not used any.

A litmus type paper is dabbed on them and records some sort of reading.The litmus paper is taken away and 5 minutes later a ticker tape type paper with numbers written in pencil is returned and handed to the customs officer who is searching me

He studies the paper and then looks at me....Sir these tablets are recording very high readings of opium,we need to take them for further analysis.....shit....what the fuck had this moronic doctor given me??

After a 15 minute eternity,the tabs were returned to me with the officer saying that they fell within an acceptable level and iwas free to go.

A couple of weeks later after a bad nights sleep i decided to try one....they were so tiny...what the fuck...they can't be that strong.

It was a monday night that i took one tab and it is only now,on a friday night that i could finally get my thought process together to type this.

I have spent the last four days in a highly tranquilised state.Coherent speech was possible....but hard...thinking things out....hard ..... driving...forget it

I could not believe the strength of this one solitary tablet.It was more like an elephant tranquiliser....and i could not believe that a doctor could dispense this stuff without even a warning of the strength of it....luckily for me i had forgotten to stash the pills on my person on the flight and had left them in my baggage cos i was planning on taking at least a few of them for the flight back.

These pills are white,shiny and hard in a torpedo shape and a little bit flattish either side with a small cut either side for snapping in two.Length is 10mm width 4mm and 2mm thickness....does anyone have any idea what these are? or their proper medical use? ....i would love to know.

The rest of the pills have been flushed down the toilet where they belong.

Hmmm, haven't got my pharmacopia with me. But

any opiate could do the trick here. USA doesn't allow any opiates without presciption, Canada is a little more relaxed, up to 1/8 grain of Codeine Over the counter. Your fellows sound a 'tad' stronger. Possibly Demerol, but I'll have to check on the pills desciption. Any markings ? Lettering??

Ain't Asia grand.

BTW, these are all quite legal. But varying counties have different presciption rules. Too bad you didn't keep a pill for your local Pharmacist to check out, since they seem to do the trick for you. Doesn't sound like 'quack' to me. Probably more knowledgable than the corporate pill pusher you use at home, IMO.

Says LaoHuLi:

...Too bad you didn't keep a pill for your local Pharmacist to check out, since they seem to do the trick for you...

LOL :grinyes:. "Do the trick!!!" The poor guy was whacked out of his skull :clown: for 4 DAYS, man...!!!! :doah:

You think his "local pharmacist" might have fancied a similar 96-hour "foggy trip"? ;)

Surely any kind of valium-like anti-anxiety agent wouldn't be meant to have such a prolonged effect? Perhaps Mr. Pervy was allergic to something in the white tablets he was given? :(

jack :drunk:

Hi,

I agree with LHL and FJ.

If we add your information low price, passed customs and the effect, I guess the pill included acetylsalicylic acid, codeine and maybe something else.

As codeine is a derivate from morphine, but allowed in most countries, and often combined with just acetylsalicylic acid.

This acid and some chemical cousins often give strong allergic reactions!

elef

No there were no markings on it....but the reason i'm labelling this doctor a quack is that i was given no warning on the potentially lethal strength of it....when i woke up the first morning after taking it i couldn't speak without slurring...even today i'm still a bit groggy.

On the upside,i was getting drunk after only two beers :beer:

Thanks for the info,maybe your right about the strong allergic reaction...i have been a bit of a lad in the past and tried about every illicit drug available,but none has left me in a long term stupor that this has.

Archived