Taking Toys To Los As Gifts

Torneyboy

Looking in Bkk for good/lasting toys for children 2-5years.

The range and quality of kids toys in Los in general imo is poor compared to the west?

I took a large Barbie campervan to Bkk last year and next day up to Chiang Rai.

What fun that was ...took on as carry on (from OZ) and wouldnt fit in overhead so they but down the back for the flight.

Same on Tg as well :doah:

Couldnt find good educational type toys...so bring from my country.

You guys do the same? or am i not looking in the right stores.

BigC /WTC/MBK...nothing like i can buy at home.

BTw the little girl sat on the thing thought it was a ride :angel:

Had a washing machine in it as well...had to hide the detergent :grinyes:

Hi TB,

I think you're observing correctly, the selection of educational type of toys is low in the LOS.

You can get guns and other war related toys up the ying yang unfortunately.

Recently a 3 year old boy that I know got a Japanese toy which you have to build together yourself, some kind of space wagon, there were so many different parts, even a small electrical engine, that outside of Asia this product isn't for sale (imagine an American toddler choking on a part.........but Asian kiddos can do, shouldn't be so stupid, isn't it???? :dunno:)

Interesting observation. The last word hasn't been said on this.

Says limbo:

Hi TB,

I think you're observing correctly, the selection of educational type of toys is low in the LOS.

You can get guns and other war related toys up the ying yang unfortunately.

Recently a 3 year old boy that I know got a Japanese toy which you have to build together yourself, some kind of space wagon, there were so many different parts, even a small electrical engine, that outside of Asia this product isn't for sale (imagine an American toddler choking on a part.........but Asian kiddos can do, shouldn't be so stupid, isn't it????
:dunno:
)

Interesting observation. The last word hasn't been said on this.

Hi Limbo,

Tried for ""Ficher & Price"" very good educational toys and long lasting(expensive) but will out last the fury of any 2-5 years old child.

No luck...all cheap and nasty stuff to my eyes anyway.

We have notices on toys...not for child under 3 etc..moving parts and so on.

Also a government watch dog looks at all new toys on the market and bans any not up to the code.

Christmas is a big time for this to happen and is on news on tv and all papers so parents are aware. :up:

Says lazyphil:

Just bought a flat packed kids trampoline for littlun. Needed a fucking physics degree to put the damn thing together
:banghead:

Oh S*****t my favorite subject.

If there is two ways to do ""anything"" i will without fail choose the wrong way every time.

My kids say i am the collapsible dad....everything i build/put together...well.... falls apart....after a few days at least :)

I try to do the best...those instructions are in arabic/egyption hyrogliphics :doah:

Good luck LP....if i was doing it the thing would be upside down....not good for a trampoline :doah:

Archived