Best Italian Restaurant in Town (Bangkok)?

samak

It is there for at least 1 and a half years.

The owner is Italian, and his son is the cook. The owner must have been in thailand for ages, as his Thai is really fluent, according to my gf.

They have an open kitchen, where you can see what they are doing, like San Remo. They are preparing the dishes only after you ordered (even the pasta), therfore it is really fresh. I really enjoyed it the few times I ate there so far. It looks quite stylish and elegant. On the walls they have a lot of plates signed by happy customers. Nice to look at. In the background they play italian music. Seems to be quite popular with upper classe thais, as I have never seen many foreigners there.

As far as prices go... 2 Appetizer, 2 Main dishes, 2 non-alcoholic drinks... around 800 to 1000 Baht...

Wow Samak,

that's an extensive list if I ever saw one.

That'ld keep me busy in BKK for well over a month. 55555 Including an empty bank account.5555

Sorry, can't contribute to this since I'm an Oaky from Samui, but if you're back here, my fave in Samui is Il Duomo.

Excellent quality pizza's and pastas.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi samak,

If anyone is interested, there is a new one recently opened in Suk Soi 31. Da Lino - about 300m from Suk, before you get to Euro Inn. Excellent quality but service has a few niggles to sort out. Not cheap - 1900 baht for three, including drinks. Italian customer I chatted to while outside having a smoke said he thought it would rank as Michelin two star. Decor not entirely consistent with quality of food.

Owner appears not to speak much English and there are no pizzas on the menu.

Khwai

is this before or after the intersection with the green route (connection to/from Soi 23 and to Soi 39); difficult area, as there are already plenty of good italian restaurants nearby. another one very close called Tutti only lasted a few months.

hi khwaimaisabai

i checked it out in the meanwhile. food quality is very good. italian owner is working himself in the service and his wife is chef in the kitchen. the setback is the wine menu, where they have not many reasonable prized medium quality wines. i will not spend over 16000 baht for a bottle of sassicaia every day...

it was rather full with more thais than foreigners; a lot of people for this difficult area of restaurants. hope they will make it.

Archived