What do farang W think of us?

pattaya127

Says picola:

I cant help asking ...

if gogo bars are a mans world then why are there so many women there?

or are BG not women...??

I cant think why you would want to differentiate between farang men and women and BG and farang women...we're all adults arent we . . . .

First, welcome to the forum. Most interesting to hear your point of view.

Regarding why we would want to differentiate, well they are just very different. Imo, bgs (actually, not just bgs but most Thai women) and farang women are so culturally different from each other as to be almost different species. Of course they are all women and so share many similarities, but aside from the obvious physical differences between most Thai women and most farang women (e.g., size, slimness, skin texture, skin color, etc.), which I think many of us happen to prefer, (not saying one is better than the other, it is just a preference some of us have), it is the cultural differences, which include how the tgs treat and relate to men, and particularly older men, which is also a big part of what makes them so attractive, at least, to me. To put it in a nutshell, they just seem to appreciate us and treat us a lot better than their farang sisters do. In Thailand, I can meet and date beautiful young ladies, many of whom, by the way, are not sex workers. Their farang equivalents back home don't even notice me or give me the time of day and, even if they did, they would consider me too old to be dating material. So this is why I differentiate between farang women and Thai women and why I tend not to take much notice of farang women when I'm in Thailand just as they don't take much notice of me back home. But I still wouldn't walk out of a bar just because one came in. I find it mildly interesting to observe their reactions to that situation.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<But I still wouldn't walk out of a bar just because one came in. I find it mildly interesting to observe their reactions to that situation>>

One of very few examples of seeing/meeting falang women in naughty bars was in Soi Sea Dragon, Patong Beach. Whilst on my 11 month extended holiday hanging out with who now is my mrs we had a young (late 20's) couple sit down at the bar with us. Turns out they lived very near my cousin in East Lancashire, we spent the night talking and playing bar games (connect 4 and the hammer and nail game :D), the next day we arranged to pick them up from their hotel in my rented jeep and toured them Phuket Island (Lam Singh beach, promthep Cape etc), the next few nights they came back to the bar to join us where we again drank and fooled around. The FW seemed pretty relaxed and unfazed by it all and as I dont parade my mrs like some trophy with some fucked up attitude she didn't mind hanging out with us (my theory anyhow?)....maybe just curious to figure out what we were about??...who knows, who cares we had a laugh and thats what Thailand is about, having sanuk?!!!

I find the whole situation quite interesting personally.

sometimes I think that FW suffer stereotypes as much as older men, BGs, etc etc ect.

I would say that 90% of the women I know here are Thai witha variety of proffesions including BGs and related others.

Their comment to me is that i'm not like other FW. In saying that it is extremely difficult I think when you come to a country where the value system for women is so very different. I thnk many FW have difficulty dealing with that, I know i have been.

basically I find life here to be pretty shallow as a rule although very rich and varied within that.

Because i particularly like intelligent people to talk to and hang out with I dont have a problem with age, sex or ethnicity generally.

Just trying to make sense of my own pleasures and relationships and I think these discussion help.

thanks for your emails and very warm welcome ...to tell the truth didnt expect it!

Well husband s working late again...I'm off on a field trip to see how invisible i am tonight.!! :beer::help:

[color:"blue"]Because i particularly like intelligent people to talk to and hang out with I dont have a problem with age, sex or ethnicity generally.

[/color]

Then you've come to the right place. :grinyes: Welcome.

[color:"blue"]Well husband s working late again...I'm off on a field trip to see how invisible i am tonight.!!

[/color]

With the Blond hair?

Not much......look like all the girls in the bar. :neener:

Says picola:

. . . it is extremely difficult I think when you come to a country where the value system for women is so very different. I thnk many FW have difficulty dealing with that, I know i have been.

It would be interesting (at least to me) if you could comment in somewhat more detail on this.

I thnk many FW have difficulty dealing with that, I know i have been.

-----------------------------------

Welcome. Not enough women on the board, and not enough expats women moreover. This is the other side of the question: interested to ask how you have evolved as far as your opinion of the girls working there, I mean the specific profession they are in: tourist girls.

what do you hear from the ones you have met?

I can't talk for the guys running away from you, I've always enjoyed meeting open-minded farang women. I find most women not as generic in PC thinking as most guys expect, and they usually appreciate to learn and make up their mind thru personal contacts with the girls or a befriended farang guy. Thailand can be a wonderful country to both genders, and that's my take on the farang women i have met: they want to enjoy their trip/stay first and foremost.

Hello Picola:

One can learn quite a bit on this board so I really hope that you stay around for a while.

We also will value your perspective.

I, for one, meet lots of falang ladies with my Thai girl friend who is... let me see... 43 years younger than myself. Once, they get accustomed to Noi, the falang women tend to be quite decent to her; although I suppose she represents some sort of threat to the relationships with their hubbies.

Obviously our relationship will not endure for many years, but that's something I openly acknowledge even theough Noi doesn't.

Archived