B3200 P/M Soi 79

A friend of mine who has gone a bit native has recently signed a lease on an apartment in Soi 79 (with air)for the princely sum of B3200 per month. Can anyone tell me the likelihood of this joint being a hovell or not, as I am not familiar with this area.

Cheers

Fred

The price is normal for this area. Soi 79 is right passed On Nut - Soi 77 and close to the BTS station depending on how far in the soi the apartment complex is located.

quote:

Hovel - A small, miserable dwelling.

I don't know if you would call it that, but we are talking about a room and not an "Apartment". Think of a dorm room and add a small bathroom and balcony/utility area. That is what these places are. Normally 25 sqm or so.

Thanks Pom Michael,

That clears things up a bit. I am familiar with that style of abode, just for B3200 I thought he may be staying in a kero tin and cardboard shanty.

Cheers Fred

Thats the beauty of Thailand. If you really want to you can "go native". His situation, based on price, may sound like a miserable situation. Actually these places are very comfortable although they are small. For 2000 baht a month he can get the same without aircon. As long as he is not working out there making 20,000 baht a month or something then he can spend his money on more important things than rent. If you are making 20,000 baht with no savings then this is almost luxury for you.

Mykal

Archived