What does thai national need to stay in Malaysia?

thalenoi

It seems there is little available on the web. From the site below:

http://www.kln.gov.my/english/Fr-visainfo1.html

She can get a "VWTR", visa without reference for 3 months + 2 month extension from the Malaysian Mission in Thailand. If she gets a "WTR", visa with reference (which apparently is approved my the ministry inside Malyasia) she can get a 3 month entry + a 3 month extension.

For the details of what she needs for the actaual visa, its best to contact the Mission in Bangkok (assuming that's where it is).

This is interesting to me because I am, once again, toying with the idea of moving my home down to Malaysia from Bangkok, as I am getting tired of not really knowing from month-to-month whether they are going to let me back in or not. I wouldn't change countries unless I could take my wife, who is a Thai national, with me.

RickF

She will, of course, need a passport.

We lived in Malaysia for about 18 months. I never bothered to get my then GF (now wife) a visa. She got a 30 day stamp on entry, and we just went either to Singapore or Thailand for a weekend every month. As long as I was with her, there was never any hassle about her getting into Malaysia and getting another 30 day stamp. Once, the Imm. Officer at KLIA gave her a 60 day stamp, didn't ask why...

TH

Archived