NPF (NFL) Fantasy Football Season Opener

Brink15

Now Dave, please don't take this as any criticism of you. I sincerely appreciate all your efforts in keeping this league going each year. I personally feel I owe you a case of beer for all the fun you have brought me through your efforts.

That said, IMHO Yahoo's fantasy league sucks. I don't mean sucks as in is inadequate. I mean sucks as in totally pathetic. Now maybe my expectations were unreasonable given the NFL's fantasy league last year. But that league set up certain expectations.

As in: Scores updated on the fly without reloading pages.

Points awarded on the fly. I still have no idea how I did on games that ended hours ago.

Live scoring - after last year this is not pathetic, this is an abortion.

I, for one, am ready to pony up whatever $ amount we need to do the NFL route next year.

That said, I again thank Dave as this is not his doing. The NFL decided to make it P4P and he opted to find a free forum. IMHO he is a great guy and an asset to this board. Cheers Dave. :beer: Thank you for your hard work. :up:

Can't say I disagree with you. This year is a real comedown from last...especially for those of us on the wrong side of the world to catch satellite action of all the games.

Yahoo's pages are annoying with all the reloading before you can see anything and the less than satisfying amount of info.

I still go to NFL.com for my live updates, but this year they're also charging for radio listening, so now that's out for us based in Bangkok too. :(

Next year, I will look a bit harder for another site...perhaps over at espn.com. I do enjoy a few of the features however, and the wider range of choices they give for scoring. I can understand your thoughts of ponying up the 15 bucks, but I can't do that from out of the U.S....and it was hard enough getting the 12 signups for free, much less with a charge.

Still, it makes the games oodles more fun to watch...especially when you're stuck with a 28-0 blowout on tv.

Hope you can slog your way through the Yahoo crap, and find some shortcuts.

Good Luck!

I've got to agree also. For me it started with the draft, and being absolutley powerless over who you pick where.

I don't want to use a draft pick on a second kicker,or a second TE. I wanted to take two RBs right off, but how?

But Yahoo, from my research, seems to be one of the only free sites left.

I too would be willing to pay next year, but only if something can be arranged from Thailand.

That said, thanks Dave and lets all hope it gets better as the season goes on.

By the way, what was up with (I forget who) picking an entire Cleveland team?

:o

Upgrade to a PLUS league and all members will gain access to the StatTracker?, Draft Kit, Assistant Manager and expert analysis. Plus, you'll be able to set up divisions and even get a prize for the league winner. Tell your commissioner to convert now!

Any one investigate this possibility ? How much, etc ???

I would be happy to put up my share :: as the possibility that I win are starting to look pretty remote! :o

I did check on the stat tracker package for the league. Before I could purchase that, I'd first have to make the league a plus league. That costs over $100. Not sure how much the next step would cost, because it's already out of my price range.

Sorry. I will contribute my fair share if somebody else wants to set this up.

Archived