New Bars in Soi 7/1

ultras67

Coming down the steps of the BTS last week I saw a couple of girls at the entrance of the Soi holding up a big sign saying a new bar hhad opened. With time to spare I duly sauntered down to have a look.

In fact there are two new bars that have just opned. Both are just past Eden - one on the opposite side and one on the same side.

The one opposite is called the Dream Bar ( or maybe Club ) the street level part is fully finished but there is still evidence on the stairs of building work still going on. The first floor has a brand new pool table at 20B a shot but it is in a bare walled room that still smelled of plaster dust and sound echoed like hell off the walls and floor.

The bar has two girls from the old No 1 gentlemans club and when its finished plans to offer rooms upstairs for whatever fun you like. The owner is apparently back in europe and will back in 6 weeks or so when they will start to get ready for a full opening. Presumeably after APEC.

BFs at the moment are 500 a pop for takeways but other than that it seems like the boss will decide inside prices when he returns. The drinks are reasonable with a beer less than 100 ( 90 or so but I cant remember exactly) They only had about 5 girls working there but since its just opened its probably too many just now. In the hour I was there they didnt have one other customer - this was a Saturday night.

The other bar across the road is a straight beer bar with no pool tables and apart from ok prices no other reason to visit as far as I could see.

I think they might be quite a good place to meet for pre and post visits to Eden since they dont really like folk hanging round. But if their plans take off, a pre Eden drink in the Dream bar might turn into the main event. The main disadvantage could be the location, unless you know about it or are going to Eden they need those girls at the entrance of the Soi all the time otherwise you will just not see it and walk on by.

Could be with the crackdown old eden papa will use a diversion tactic and run his customers through one or both of these places. Who knows but could be as you say interesting

given the location. I personaly have only been on the soi a couple times and seen nothing worth me being a customer or victim for but for each their own. Party on

• 1 month later...

Well someone had to do it...........so here is a full report of the THREE new bars and HOTEL on this Soi. Performer and I checked this out about ten days ago on a Wed night.

First bar on the left is called Dreams 1 why it is called one I do not know maybe they plan a second, but on the strength of our visit I don't think they need to bother. It is very nicely decorated inside similar to the Soi 33 bars, but that is it!!! About ten girls did their best to make us stay longer than one drink but to be honest a group of very average 4/5 level girls did not excite us at all. Drinks prices in all three bars were about 80/90 for beers. All u have to do is look at the girls at the end of the Soi every night and see the quality. This was the problem with the No.1 Club is it still open????

This bar is beautifully decorated but it is only a bar, I didn't even see the pool table mentioned in an earlier post. There was no mention of trying to get us upstairs to a ST room either. Quite honestly there was no one I would have taken.

Opposite this bar is another bar called Boo-Sa bar on the same side of the Soi as Eden and again it is a very small, basic bar not even as beautifully decorated as Dreams 1. This place had about seven girls one of whom was really pissed, but again not one attractive girl in the whole place. This place has a massage service upstairs and some attempt was made to get me to have a massage but once again there wasn't one girl that was anywhere close to me wanting to try. Prices were average for the massage. However it is pretty obvious that a 'special service' is offered here but what the special is I don't know. You can also of course bar fine these girls and take them home..........but there are no pretty ones.

Further down the Soi there is a much bigger but again almost empty bar with a pool table and food and a group of Thais singing karaoke out on the street in front of the place. This is very basicand Thai owned. We spoke to the manager who wanted to tell us all about the new rooms upstairs. These are brand new rooms for 600/700/800 baht a night. Everything is brand new but it has lino on the floor and cheap MDF furniture. Brand new Samsung TV and has full aircon. No security or reception staff so no problem with girls BUT all the rooms have two single beds. I told the boss that this was no good for my friends and he said we have one room with one big bed !!

Had a drink here with a very chatty fluent English speaking girl but there were no other girls here at all. This girl said she was the receptionist!!

So there u have it make of this Soi what you will but for us there is absolutely no reason to go back. The rooms are too basic for me and unless you want a beer before Eden then there is no other reason to walk down this Soi.

Uniformguy

Archived