Defenition of Good Thai Girl or NGTG

ZMAN Z28

This is just my opinion on this matter. I was gonna post this in the Londerner Pub thread, but feel it has been hi-jacked enough already so here starts a new thread.

I beleive most board members are confused as to what is a GTG or Non-GTG. I think people assume that if the girl doesn't work in a bar/freelances or is involved in the P4P scene is a GTG. There are just too many variable to consider.

Spending a lot of time upcountry, where there is ample p4p, but easier to meet non p4p girls, there really isn't much difference between a Thai girl and a western girl. When you get to know Thai women, they play stupid games just like women from all over the world do. They just speak a different language. It think of women like cars, there are different manufacturers out there, and different models within the manufacturers. It comes down to what do you want to drive.

It's just easier to take a Thai girl for a test drive. No matter what car you drive, you are still gonna run out of gas, have to change the oil, have it break down when you least expect it. You are still gonna have problems no matter what you drive.

ZMAN Z28

Well, my definition of a GTG, is quite a bit different than just not being a P4P professional. For me, and I know times are changing a bit, a GTG, would make you put down a deposit, of sorts before your test drive. Not in money of course, but in long term intentions, at least. A GTG, is likely to have a chaperon on the first few dates.

Seriously, I have met more virgins in BKK, over the age of 25, than I would have ever have imagined.

Let me be honest. I don't like the GTG issue at all. I feel the BG & NBG terms are hard enough to deal with. If a NBG can be established then we can move on & discuss whether a NBG could 'qualify' as a GTG whatever that is?

I actually like the car anology presented above where BG & NBG could be makes & GTG & BTG(bad TG?) could be the models thus leaving countless combinations where a BG could easily fall under the GTG model however rarely as a virgin category though...

Now let me try to quantify the categories:

*BG-> prostitute(p4p TG) working as either freelancer, MP, bar beer, gogo, brothel, club etc.

*NBG-> non p4p girl who will not accept/expect money for sex directly or indirectly

*GTG-> sorta old fashioned TG who might be virgin untill marriage & likely uninteresting for 99% of NP members! If we decide to try & date her she will bring friends along on dates & often expect you to be accepted by family before the first kiss or at least before sex...

*BTG-> modern city TG who is not very different in many ways than her western cousin. She will be curious to date farang & even suggest onenight stands on a big night out at the bars/clubs!

Now of course in real life most TG's will be a bit harder than that to categorize & thank god for that!

I too was thinking about replying to this in the Londoner thread but abstained for the same reasons.

But I think you're forgetting a major classification that could be GTG. Consider:

You meet a BG and take her for P4P. Eventually, you remove her from the scene, she becomes your GF, your fiancee and ultimately your wife. She is dedicated to you. You are sure she would not leave you to go back to bar or any other reason except possibly unfaithfulness. She is loyal to you and her family. She is fairly conservative and still quite shy in most ways.

The above sums up my situation more or less. So the question, can a GTG be an ex-bargirl? I would classify my wife as such.

And I really hate it when farangs hit on her in the supermarket (shades of Londoner thread).

The only reason my wife entered the bar scene at all was because her boyfriend dumped her and she was broke.

What about GFG (good farang guy) and NGFG (non-good farang guy)?

Aren't you curious whether these GTG/NGTG use definitions for us farangs?

I bet they could come up with nice ones. ::

They're Thais with different backgrounds / situations / reasons / jobs / needs ..etc. why classify them?

Says Lamock Chokaprret:

I too was thinking about replying to this in the Londoner thread but abstained for the same reasons.

But I think you're forgetting a major classification that could be GTG. Consider:

You meet a BG and take her for P4P. Eventually, you remove her from the scene, she becomes your GF, your fiancee and ultimately your wife. She is dedicated to you. You are sure she would not leave you to go back to bar or any other reason except possibly unfaithfulness. She is loyal to you and her family. She is fairly conservative and still quite shy in most ways.

The above sums up my situation more or less. So the question, can a GTG be an ex-bargirl? I would classify my wife as such.

And I really hate it when farangs hit on her in the supermarket (shades of Londoner thread).

The only reason my wife entered the bar scene at all was because her boyfriend dumped her and she was broke.

When you send a car back, you don't give a shit. When you send a BG back you may not give a shit but you have a direct relationship with her future.

Even when I leave them, I, and my friends, show them respect.

One quote I heard "a Thai girl is not for life, she is only for Christmas". That is harsh, but remember what game you are playing !

So the question, can a GTG be an ex-bargirl?

Some can but, if she was a bargirl for a long time, it is hard. We are talking about a girl who exchanged sexual favours for money and continuously interacted with other girls doing the same. Usually, the girl's self image is strongly affected as well as the way she views men. If she is removed from this environment and begins again to interact with women who are not bargirls, her state of mind will tend slowly to revert. This will only happen very slowly over a long period of time. In many cases, a girl identifies so strongly with her bargirl friends that she can never grow away from them (in terms of attitude). Of course, many women who have never been bargirls are materialistic in their choice of mates. There is a difference though here that is hard to explain.

I have also met a very few bargirls who can mostly separate what they do for a living from their overall attitude to life. I have dated a couple who explicitly did not want me to offer them money or buy them expensive presents. They had more respect for themselves knowing that they were still human beings and not just coin-op sex toys. They continued to work, but were not bargirls when they were away from the bar and we were together. In one case, the girl ended up marrying another farang and the marriage seems very successful; the other girl is now living with a nice guy and also seems happy. Obviously, adjustment was much easier for them than for most bargirls.

Archived