Aussie Shiraz Is Top Wine In USA

Torneyboy

An australian family who established a winery as a hobby have had their product named the most popular wine in America.

The Casella familys Yellow Tail shiraz was named the most consumed wine in the US by market researchers ACNielson last week.

The managing director john Casella said he was certain the label would be well received locally after the huge overseas success.

Can''t wait to try this wine..Yellow Tail strange name ..a fish i think?

A friend of mine buys Yellow Tail chardonnay by the case, saying it is the best value chard available (in a case I think the price comes out to something like $6.50 US per bottle). For me its a bit too sweet tasting though.

[color:"blue"] Can''t wait to try this wine..Yellow Tail strange name ..a fish i think?[/color]

Yup, a variety of Tuna.

I guess Tuna Fish Wine would have missed the mark somehow? :dunno:

We'll probably find out later he was thinking of Yellow Tailed bird or something......but I like the fishy concept. :neener:

I have always had an aversion to Aussie Shiraz as too much of it is used as a cheap filler in red blends. I find that it leaves a metallic, tin-like taste on the back of my teeth. I am more of a white drinker as it goes better with Asian foods. To each their own I guess, but I wont be rushing out to guzzle a bottle.

Cheers

PS

Comes as no surprise, although I'm more of a merlot fan now that it's trendy!

When I was staying in London, I'll never forget the look on my french flatmate's face when he read in the paper that Australian wines were outselling french in the UK. Quite surprising since the Aussie stuff was taxed considerably higher than the french imports

Says Redbaron:

Comes as no surprise, although I'm more of a merlot fan now that it's trendy!

When I was staying in London, I'll never forget the look on my french flatmate's face when he read in the paper that Australian wines were outselling french in the UK. Quite surprising since the Aussie stuff was taxed considerably higher than the french imports

Hi Red (no punn)

Merlot or cab/sav...good soft wine for me.

I can see your french friends face... (sacra blerr..spelling)..i think it means WTF :smirk

Hi LL

:neener::drunk: ok i will drink your %%%

Archived