Patpong bar music TOO LOUD !

Palatkik

Well I was in Camelot during my Patpong run last night. It was loud in there but not as loud as say RB3 in NEP. Maybe it depends in the night one goes there. RB3 was so loud a couple times it hastened my exit from there. Loudest music I ever heard was the Excite Disco in Pattaya over a year ago, my chest was vibrating just like it did years ago on the Flightline when an F4 was taking off.

I can attest to the dangers of such loud sounds - I have a permanent hearing loss on certain higher pitched sounds (from a combinatin of M16/M14 firing and other things) and a hearing aid will not help - as the Doc told me once you've lost the ability to hear certain sounds amplifying them louder does absolutely nothing.

Says Man at Work:

Says ultras67:

Any place - gogos / beer bars / pubs - that you have to shout to talk is out of order , how can you have a decent chat with a girl if you are shouting?

:dunno:

Use your fingers!
:hug:

MaW

But how do I drink the vodka and coke and how do I diddle if my fingers are in my ears? :dunno:

Says orandanodes:

>>Sometimes it IS nice to talk to the girl before you have sex with her<<

You've got time for that on the way to your hotel.

and tells you the things you couldnt hear in the bar like

" 5000B ST and she has men so can only do a hj and could you give her taxi money......." :grinyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Says Palatkik:

Camelot bar ? boy does someone need to take the DJ outside and smack him up a bit! The girls in this bar are going have hearing problems at this rate. At least the drink pressure is lower now ? you cannot hear the girls asking for drinks! Kings 1 plays same crap car alarm music but has a better sound system. Both bars got some pretty dancers right now.

Was talking to a Pattaya Go-Go girl who used to dance the ?pong from a young age, has developed a nervous system disorder from being exposed to too much noise. Sad really.

This applies to almost ALL go-go's in BKK with very few exceptions (I've never been to Pattaya). I'm glad that you brought up this subject because usually nobody acts like it's a big deal, which in my view it is...

I like the gogo's but speaking only for myself here, this is the one single issue that usually gets me moving out of a go-go and into the next one.

Often, I can't stand the noise more than 15 or 20mns at one sitting, even if the ladies are nice (I could not care less about the decor, and I don't drink). I don't want to spend one hour yelling into some lady's ear, who does not understand English or not much of it, and me not speaking Thai. I remember a few years ago paying my tab in a hurry and leaving the Midnite Bar on SC with my fingers in my ears and almost running. The DJ was playing the sound system so loud that the sound was distorted. It was physically painful. The place was empty then; it was before they renovated it. I went back last year and had a good time in that bar. It was still loud but you could carry a conversation at least in there.

What I don't understand is that neither the mama-papasan or other management types can see that they should make their bar comfortable for guys to linger on. Instead, they are litterally kicking them out in the street. I can understand that some bar owners are not business-trained but you don't need to be an MBA to see that only the catatonically drunk are willing to put up with uncomfortable noise levels. You got a bar, you want people staying: that's where the money is. Instead they have hello girls spending their time trying to haul in new customers to populate the place in replacement of the punters they're driving away with the noise. And I don't buy the stuff about Thai businessmen being stupid, on account that I have observed that on Soi Cowboy at least, several owners are Indian and Europeans.

The epitome of that problem is a place like Titty Twister at NEP. I like the place and keep coming back, but they play the sound system like they want to kick you out (and it works). Last time I was in there, I sat down and the waitress put her chin on my right shoulder and her lips to my ear to ask (yell) what I wanted to drink. It was that bad. I didn't stay long...

These are my 02 cents...

Uncle Joe

Archived