Angel Tours and EVA Deluxe Economy?

Neon Ninja

Well, I'm in the early stages of planning a return trip to BKK, and want to know what everyone thinks of "Angel Tours" as far as booking a flight with? I know I've seen positive reviews on them in the past, and want to make sure that they are still a good agent to use.

Does $1096 sound right for Deluxe class R/T ?

(This is the price I was quoted from Angel Tours)

I'm going from Tampa to LAX to TPE to BKK.

As far as EVA, I haven't seen any reviews on here in a while for them. So I kinda want to make sure that they are still a quality airline. :)

Specifically interested in everyone's experiences with deluxe economy class.

Thanks a bunch! :bow:

-=/NN

I have used EVA 3 or 4 times a year from the UK to BKK for the last 4 years. I find that the economy deluxe class to be a good compromise - business class quality seating (almost) but the food is the same as economy. I think that they might be a little more generous when it comes to the wine.

Unless I was really strapped, I wouldn't consider flying economy for a long-haul. Not sure I can comment on the price, but it seems to be on a par to what I pay in the UK, though this does vary quite a bit, depending on the season in the UK.

I booked eva economy delux about 15 days ago ( leaving 21 sep)

from san to bkk it was just under $800. rt.

had to go to a travel agent ( book over the phone with eva) to pay/pick up the ticket.

the agent told me next time, call them first, they could get it at a discount.

so, I think your fare was a bit high. does it include room/transport?

I think economy delux is ok ( very close to business class) as far as comfort.

best ( for me anyway) to get a window seat unless you plan frequent trips to the toilet.

here in calif, they leave at 1:00 am which is ok, ( easy to sleep for most of the first flight) arrive in bkk via tpe at just after 11:00 am, so no jet lag if you use up the remainder of the day to set your internal clock.

also, I hear they have showers in tpe ( have not been that route for a few years) reall good thing after stagnating on a plane for 12+ hours..

I wholeheartedly recommend EVA. Excellent service for the money spent. Considering your flying out of TPAto BKK it looks like you got a decent price although you didn't mention when you were leaving, you also don't mention who you are flying to connect to EVA(what is your actual route).

Regarding Economy Deluxe seating, I think it is excellent value for those who don't want to pay for Biz and given that Eva's biz product is not that great compared to it's competitors.

Don't be fooled though it is not business class or anywhere near it in any aspect if you have flown SQ/CX/ANA/ or even UA or TG. It is still glorified coach. Personally I can forgo the ED and ride in regular coach, which I prefer because you can actually stretch out better. The problem with ED is that it is always booked solid and you have a good chance that you will have an empty seat next to you in coach in which you can raise the armrest and stretch out better.

Says pasathai:

so, I think your fare was a bit high. does it include room/transport?

Well, it does include connecting flight from TPA to LAX, no room needed, as none of the layovers are longer than 5 hours or so. Actually the price initially seemed kinda low to me, as R/T from TPA via other carriers runs from about 900 on up for economy. I was just trying to make sure they didn't quote me a standard economy ticket.

I think economy delux is ok ( very close to business class) as far as comfort.

That's what I'm looking for, I have a huge rear! ::

best ( for me anyway) to get a window seat unless you plan frequent trips to the toilet.

In my years of flying I've found that there is not much out the window I need to see/haven't already seen. Being a large guy, I have to get the aisle seat. Also if there's an onboard emergency I can quickly jump in the middle of the aisle and start shoving people out of my way. (Good thing asians are small!!) :neener:

here in calif, they leave at 1:00 am which is ok, ( easy to sleep for most of the first flight) arrive in bkk via tpe at just after 11:00 am, so no jet lag if you use up the remainder of the day to set your internal clock.

I'm gonna try REALLY REALLY hard to sleep on the plane, so far I've never been successful. I'm hoping that my plan to 1) not sleep the night before and 2) take about 3 shots of Nyquil will knock me out.

also, I hear they have showers in tpe ( have not been that route for a few years) reall good thing after stagnating on a plane for 12+ hours..

Unfortunately I won't be in TPE more than 2 hours, so I'll just have to stink I guess! :(

Anyhow, thanks for all the info!!!

-=/NN

Says solar:

I have used EVA 3 or 4 times a year from the UK to BKK for the last 4 years. I find that the economy deluxe class to be a good compromise - business class quality seating (almost) but the food is the same as economy. I think that they might be a little more generous when it comes to the wine.

I consider all airline food nowadays to be a novelty more than a real meal. I always carb up at the airport Burger King just before the flight. If whatever they serve me is tasty, I'll eat it, if not I won't be starving when I arrive. I just always expect the worst, that way I'll be surprised if it's edible.

Now wine will definately work well with my plans to self induce a chemical coma right after dinner!! :up:

Unless I was really strapped, I wouldn't consider flying economy for a long-haul. Not sure I can comment on the price, but it seems to be on a par to what I pay in the UK, though this does vary quite a bit, depending on the season in the UK.

Excellent sir, thanks for the info! :bow:

-=/NN

Says jjsushi:

I wholeheartedly recommend EVA. Excellent service for the money spent. Considering your flying out of TPAto BKK it looks like you got a decent price although you didn't mention when you were leaving, you also don't mention who you are flying to connect to EVA(what is your actual route).

Oooops! 8 June 2004 - 25 June 2004

Delta is my connecting flight from TPA to LAX (included in ticket price). Actual route is TPA/LAX/TPE/BKK round trip, deluxe economy.

Regarding Economy Deluxe seating, I think it is excellent value for those who don't want to pay for Biz and given that Eva's biz product is not that great compared to it's competitors.

As long as my large butt fits nicely I'm happy.

Don't be fooled though it is not business class or anywhere near it in any aspect if you have flown SQ/CX/ANA/ or even UA or TG. It is still glorified coach. Personally I can forgo the ED and ride in regular coach, which I prefer because you can actually stretch out better. The problem with ED is that it is always booked solid and you have a good chance that you will have an empty seat next to you in coach in which you can raise the armrest and stretch out better.

I've considered this, however I don't want to risk being stuck in coach on a FULL plane! I lucked out last year on a Korean Air flight to Seoul, but the way back it was BEYOND full.

Also I dislike playing musical chairs with the other passengers when it's discovered that all the seats won't be filled. (Even though I'm a large "pushy" American and can play that game really well! ;))

Thanks for the info! :bow:

-=/NN

Says Neon Ninja:

]

Oooops! 8 June 2004 - 25 June 2004

Delta is my connecting flight from TPA to LAX (included in ticket price). .

That is way out. The "discount" fares for consolidators such as Angel is, in the past, come out 90days prior.

$1100.+- seems reasonable. $850. from LAX plus a Delta coach to LAX. June may be high season for Asian flights and carriers.

You indicate Sarasota?

I'd venture to say you could get a KAL code share with Delta from there(avoiding TPA if an option), non-stop Atlanta-Seoul..on to BKK. COACH total apx $850.usd. if that helps. COACH of course, but avoids LAX and saves $350.+-. The Atlanta-Seoul is 14:45. but time flys on the way over. Arrival/Departure BKK midnight.

This is how I fly now, I hate that LAX shithole.

Nok the Kook

Says NokTang:

$1100.+- seems reasonable. $850. from LAX plus a Delta coach to LAX. June may be high season for Asian flights and carriers.

Yeah, this has been my line of thinking as well, just wanted to see if everyone else thinks the same.

You indicate Sarasota?

I'd venture to say you could get a KAL code share with Delta from there(avoiding TPA if an option), non-stop Atlanta-Seoul..on to BKK. COACH total apx $850.usd. if that helps. COACH of course, but avoids LAX and saves $350.+-. The Atlanta-Seoul is 14:45. but time flys on the way over. Arrival/Departure BKK midnight.

Hahaha... Did that itinerary the last two trips to Bangkok!

First time I went (2000) it was $799 out of Sarasota

Last trip (2002) it was closer to $900.

I can deal with LAX flown through there many times (usually as my final destination though).

However don't get me started on INCHON!! :onfire:

I HATE that airport, that was half the reason I wanted to switch airlines. The old Kimpo airport was pretty bad the first trip, but I find Inchon to be plain rotten!

Anyhow for me it comes down to an additional $200 to be able to avoid Inchon and have larger seats. Almost a no brainer.

I will investigate travel from Sarasota with Angel Tours, but I've generally found that flights leaving Sarasota to other US destinations (other than Atlanta) are routed very strangely. I actually had a flight once into Sarasota from Tampa that stopped in Orlando! (Also a rule of thumb seems to be about $100 more expensive than TPA)

This is how I fly now, I hate that LAX shithole.

Nok the Kook

Still, thanks for the info! :bow:

-=/NN

Archived