Thais to fly to Samui cheaper.

steffi

I hope there is a backlash against this. It's totally unacceptable that Thais can fly on cheaper fares.

From today's Bangkok post.

Dr Prasert said the criticism was unfair, and that foreign tourists, who make up 93% of the Samui passenger traffic, rarely complained about the fares.

However, to deal with criticism of its fares, Bangkok Airways will offer discounts for Thai nationals starting on Jan 15. The reduced fare will be 6,000 baht in the high season and 5,000 baht in the low season, compared with the normal fare of 7,100 baht.

Hi steffi,

Dr Prasert said the criticism was unfair, and that foreign tourists, who make up 93% of the Samui passenger traffic, rarely complained about the fares.

Great let them be screwed then :onfire:

Thai people who travel by plane to Samui certainly also have sufficient funds to pay for it or they wouldnt be going in the first place.

From next month TG will start flying to Samui as well, I doubt very much that they will have a dual price policy.

I shall definitely not be using the services of BKK Airways anymore.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

I can't figure out either how it will matter to Thai's. As long as the flight costs more than going by bus, your average thai won't care to fly. If a Thai with some spendable income wants to go to samui by plane for a vacation, they already can select a cheap tour packages not available to farangs.

Hi Escape Rabbit,

If a Thai with some spendable income wants to go to samui by plane for a vacation, they already can select a cheap tour packages not available to farangs.

Are you sure?

I have been on a Khao San bus ride from bkk to CM for 80 baht on a VIP AC bus.

Last year in Siam Reap Cambodia from Bkk for 100 bht. I would challenge a thai to get a similar deal unless he went to KS as well.

What are those tour packages you are referring to?

cheers

Hua Nguu

Sorry I don't have any specifics, but some time ago I met a thai guy who went to Phuket on a travel package that I believe was cheaper than what I pay just for plane tickets. While I can't be sure if this particular package was for thai's only, I have heard of such thai only packages. And remember a lot of hotels already are dual priced for thai's as well. So dual pricing plane tickets is nothing really new except I can't see thai's flocking to samui over it.

Says Hua Nguu:

Hi Escape Rabbit,

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

If a Thai with some spendable income wants to go to samui by plane for a vacation, they already can select a cheap tour packages not available to farangs.

Are you sure?

I have been on a Khao San bus ride from bkk to CM for 80 baht on a VIP AC bus.

Last year in Siam Reap Cambodia from Bkk for 100 bht. I would challenge a thai to get a similar deal unless he went to KS as well.

cheers

Hua Nguu

Would a Thai really put up with the BS that you have to endure to only pay 100B ? You must eat here, you must sleep here, bus only take 4 hours if no bridges down (!) you must give me your passport you cant get visa only we can do.......

I think not.

Hi Ultra67,

I have no idea what you mean by the "BS" you are referring to.

"No bridges down" ::

Going to Cambo we all had visa in advance and the entire journey worked out very well. It was a long and strenous ride through Poipet but only way to avoid this is to fly.

I didn`t hand out my passport at any point except briefly to the immigration officer.

If you go by any means of public transportation you will not be allowed to choose where to eat. It will make a stop at a pre-designated stops. So same same.

Upon arrival we were let off in front of a GH, yes, that is correct but there were plenty of others in the vicinity. We could have gone to any of those if we had so wanted. No pressure was applied.

But anyway my point was that a thai cannot necessarily get the cheapest deal. Nothing more nothing less.

Whether they would want to or not is beside the point.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived