Sandy Spring Hotel Pattaya

torrenova

I'm thinking to use the Sandy Spring hotel in Pattaya for the next trip after using the Residence Garden previously. I know they don't offer the seperate living room unless you book a suite but I wonder if anyone has seen their rooms or stayed there.

Specifically, I am interested in the difference between the Standard rooms (not those on the first 2 floors) and the Deluxe rooms, as their website does not offer this information. I have already asked the hotel a couple of times via email but they don't seem to understand the question, over and above quoting the different room rates.

Thanks

Deluxe rooms are on the ends of each floor. Theyhave 2 balconies, 1 overlooking the street and 1 overlooking the pool and a small kitchen counter thing, but no sink or appliances. With membership, they are 1200/night. See Some Hotel Pics

I I strongly recommend the hotel directly across from Sandy Spring. Brand new, even cheaper, with great rooms. Mongatu, you stayed tthere yet?

I've stayed there. It is a nice place.

I'm also confused about "deluxe" vs. "standard" other than as described here, the oversized corner rooms being deluxe. I think they charge more than 800baht for any room above the pool level and with sea view. Perhaps that is contributing to the confusion, if there is any.

Bottom line, the "sea view" rooms have a balcony which overlooks the sea, from about 5th floor upwards a clear line of sight to the sea. Rooms below that obstructed view or on the street side.(I don't know the view that direction, if any)

The rooms themselves are well appointed, very nice bed(real bed, not futon), nice new furniture and good cable TV. The bathrooms are also upgraded fixture wise, my room had a tub which I think is standard.

At 990baht "member" rate it is perhaps the best value I have ever had in a hotel.(this low season, higher high season I suppose) This for an upper floor sea view.

The location is great, not much if any noise from bars along the beach or 2nd road. You can come and go as you wish as well as covered parking for your bike. 24hour security guard present.

Food is limited but many options very near including a decent food market in Mike's buidling.(not as nice as Top or Big C but certainly more/larger than a 7/11 type place)

No problem with guest, ID check unless you don't want it.

I will go back there. I think the other post refers to AA Residence Hotel, which I have not inspected. Some friends stayed there and liked it. I don't know the rate. There was also another brand new place near completion on the same side as Sandy Spring. This might be the new "Dynasty" I read about somewhere.

cheers and have a nice day.

Nok the Kook

Hi Khun Kong.

Thanks for the info. Would like to look at Inn House...is there a website?

Also your link to 'some hotel pics' is private.

Anyway, any additional info appreciated by one and all.

:applause::beer:

Says LaoHuLi:

Hi Khun Kong.

Thanks for the info. Would like to look at Inn House...is there a website?

Also your link to 'some hotel pics' is private.

Anyway, any additional info appreciated by one and all.

:applause::beer:

This is the URL stamped on the back of their business card, but I can't get it to work: innhousegroup@yahoo.com. Maybe in the future...?

Phone: 038 415 709-16

FAX: 038 415 717

Sorry about the photo link. Try this- works for me: http://community.webshots.com/user/peab0dy

• 1 month later...

Even tho this is a pattaya hotel, the walk of shame is pretty unnerving. The owners are Bangkokian Thai Chin and they're trying to cultivate "upscale" clientele. INO, if you're bringing in whores for ST/LT's, the staff will treat you as such, a farang whoremonger.

When this joint first opened up, the staff were welcoming and joked around with the punters and whores alike. After awhile, realizing that they had a really nice hotel, they got "all uppity". The owners are trying to get more and more family oriented guests there now, Thai and Farang families alike for weekend getaways. Of course two beer bars are about 20 feet outside the front door for such a "wholesome" hotel.

Bottom line: rooms are amazing. staff is shit. they will treat you as such...

Oh ya, if you understand Thai language and some of their social behavior, you'll get the full realization of what they think of their farang guests. Of course they don't expect the average farang punter visiting to understand such, so they at times "talk shit" right in front of you amongst themselves. If you can honestly can care less of all this... fuck it. Its a nice room and ignore them.

Archived