Sandy Spring Hotel Pattaya

torrenova

I haven't been to this hotel, but I'll take a stab that there are probably no problems bringing friends back to the room that look somewhat "respectable". Probably very much like the apartment buildings that I've lived in. The guys who brought partners wearing the pink push up shorts and cutoff top in the 8-inch platforms were generally treated like shit. The other folks were just part of the crowd.

<<burp>>

Agreed.

Many farangs forget that TIT. Image is everything. Sure you can be a prolific "butterfly", just as long as you don't flaunt it to the world. Of course this goes against the western mantra of, "fuck you! I'll do whatever I want! I know who I am and that's all that matters, fuck the rest." If one still adheres to that while staying in Asia a substantial amount of time, better to go back home west. I mean, why would you want to constantly struggle with the culture.

btw... how's your 9-ball game? ::

What the fuck is this?!!!

4.14 FOUL PENALTY

Opposing player gets cue ball in hand. This means that the player can place the cue ball anywhere on the table (does not have to be behind the headstring except on opening break). This rule prevents a player from making intentional fouls which would put an opponent at a disadvantage. With ?cue ball in hand,? the player may use a hand or any part of a cue (including the tip) to position the cue ball. When placing the cue ball in position, any forward stroke motion contacting the cue ball will be a foul, if not a legal shot. (Also see Rule 3.39.)

Are you sure that it's not ball in hand only up till the "head string"? Sounds like, no offence, euro rules to me or at least 9-ball rules!

Soory dude, those are the real rules that all tournaments are played by. Note the Organizations title....Billiard Congress of AMERICA.

You bar pool, bang ball, coin slot players don't even know the rules. Try it someday and make a proper game out of it. I'm sure Khun Gummi would be glad to provide some lessons.

Yep, 'ball in hand' is the real rule ...... watch the TV championships sometime. Or you could stick with Thai rules.

Oh and in case you missed it ....... there is no callshot ...... just the pocket for the 8 ball. :neener:

*sigh*

what are you talking ab00t? :p

ok ok, so I play "bar pool". but then I never said I was a pro. heck, if I was a pro... I'd be umm... rich right? one thing I do think is comical is how some dudes in a bar take the pool game so seriously. unless there's cash on the line, why herniate yourself? anyh00, chok dee and damn those "official" rulez! ::

There is one foul where the ball is placed behind the headstring and the player has to shoot up the table. That's a white ball scratch on the break. Open table no matter what else has been sunk (black get's respotted). Least those are the tournament rules I'm used to playing by.

<<burp>>

Hotel update

Stayed in a suite as a couple of rooms I was shown were shit. Noisy, shower cubicle too small, location good-ish but no comparison for the RG.

Guest policy OK but couldn't wait to check out the next day. At Bt2200 its not worth the money and if I stay midtown as I call it, I'll pay the lower fees and compromise on the quality, but only if the RG is full.

Archived