alternatives to panthip

Recently heard that Panthip has been closed for the APEC summit. Is this true and what are the best alternatives in Bangers for hardware/software, I need to get up there this week and buy some bits.

>Please don't post the alternatives

You?re jesting right? Like this thread is going to make a difference LOL!

Besides the original question did not mention copy stuff, and all the malls mentioned have mostly legitimate businesses in them , so I would be surprised to hear the whole of Pantip was shut. I need to buy some hardware parts there soon which is why I asked. The other malls are too far to travel to for me.

Went to Pantip October 2nd and the presence of illegal wares are vastly diminished far beyond anything I have ever seen before. The stalls that cater to this sort of thing are all shut down with curtains covering them on each corner and level of Pantip. The place is also crawling with security guards / police. To a casual observer, you would think the illegal wares business has effectively been terminated. However, you still can get all the business and game software as before for 120-200 baht a disc. I don't think it would be wise to say where or how to find stuff, but it is all still available. It's just now tourists won't be stumbling into the stuff like before.

The one thing I think people have forgotten to think about is there is not much in the way of legitimate places to buy software in Pantip. It would be nice if a shop or two opened up that sells real software titles. Beyond games, I really didn't notice such places.

Archived