Novotel Lotus (Soi33), Guest friendly???

vic2244

Vick,

I stayed there about 15 times over the last 4 years.....

Great hotel to go out to the bars and bring back your girl with a max of 1 minute walking.

Yes, very guest friendly, no problem for the walk of shame ( or walk of fame as I call it ), do make sure to book a double with king-size bed, otherwise you get 2 beds....

Also, after 10, the guard will take your girls' ID card, which she will pick up in the morning after security has called and checked with you. all is handled with smiles...

Sanuk !

Vic,

Here are other tips :

- dont use the pool : too noizy, not too clean and only on the 9th floor, no view...

- food is ok, but chairs are too deep to sit in, hahaha, I usually have an extensive breakfast ( very good buffet - closes sharp 10 am ), then luch / dinner at a street restaurant or italian across the street

- if you need more 'room', try for the corner rooms with separate small office, those rooms are numbered 01 like 2101-2201-2301....

-internetbooking works for me at TB 2800 all in

-they have an own limo service at TH 650, but a taxi is about TB 200 + motorway

Ok ?

You have already known everything about the hotel...

You must try the italian restaurant Pan Pan just in fronto of the hotel entrance.

Belgiumboy is good: it's a great place to eat.

Swissman

quote:

Originally posted by swissman66:

You have already known everything about the hotel...

You must try the italian restaurant Pan Pan just in fronto of the hotel entrance.

Belgiumboy is good: it's a great place to eat.

Swissman

Swissman,

Yes, I mentionned the italian across the street, forget to name it......

Best italian in town IMO, it has been there close to 20 years.....and well run !

How big are the rooms actually. My agent said it's either "share twin' or "single" but mention nothing about which room class, ie, superior or deluxe, guess "single" means one double bed and "share twin" means two single beds. Anybody can clear this up? They can't be giving me a room with one 4x6 single bed!!!

BELGIANBOY,

sorry for mispelling your name!

Pan Pan restaurants (there is another one, more expensive on Sukhumvit, soi I CAN'T REMEMBER NOW) are owned and run by an italin family who owns also a restaurant in Pattaya.

They know their business expecially in doing pizza. Before moving to Thailand I was living in Switzerland near the italian border so I ate pizza in Italy many times and I can say that Pan Pan pizza is the best pizza I've ever eat outside of Italy.

I hope that no one will assume that what you eat at Pizza Hut is pizza...

Swissman

PS: Where are you from Belgianboy, flemish part or french part?

Vic,

Ok, from memory only as I do not remember the classes of rooms, nor the prices.....

Single 'normal' room is about 4 x 5 meter and a standard bathroom and 2 normal size beds.

Double 'extra' room is about 4 x 6 meter and a standard bathroom and a kingsize bed, and an extra small 'office' room with a desk.

For that cornerroom ( 01 numbers ) I paid last time in september 2001, 2800 baht all in.

Swissman,

No problem, its only a nickname, right ???

Yes, all pan Pan are owned by the same guy, and he has a nice family !!!

And yes, again, best pizzas of Thailand, but keep it a secret, there is a great pizzeria in my village as well....

Funny that you mentioned Pizza Hut ! hahaha they make pizzas ????? lol !!!

I live in the flemish part, in a small village halfway between Mechelen and Brussels.....

Archived