Sanuk.... Sydney

vinod

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll give you the condensed version.... back in 86 a bunch of us from brisbane found ourselves in sydney and went looking for kings cross. we ended up in oxford street without knowing it and it took a few beers to work out we were in a queer area. At one point there was a huge comotion outside with whisles blowing etc and it turned out to be mardi gra night. we hang about ot watch the freak show and it was quite an eye opener for a bunch of out of towners. In hindsight, we were lucky not to get the shit kicked out of us by the "dykes on bikes" :drunk:

Says torneyboy:

""took a few beers to work out where we were""....took me one sip..i was outa there
:grinyes:

we were only nineteen (just like the redgum song) luckily we had been sleeping out in the bush in the blue mountains for a week previously so we were looking ratehr rough and smelly so none of the "boys" tried getting friendly except for one tranny that stopped at a set of lights and stuck its head out of the car window and said "oh you are awfull..but i like you" ::

Archived