Cubs & Marlins // Bosox & Yanks

BadaBing

Well , for the Baseball fans out there , this is where the season gets interesting ( for me anyway :: ) Anyone who follows the game , know of the long suffering the Cubs / Bosox fans have been thru. Since I have no personal interest in the final 4 , I'm Root'n for the Cubbies and for fellow board members Froggy and Brinky , it's the Bosox for me. :up:

But on another thought , with Brinky residing in Florida , he may be hoping to see the SOX-Fish finals. :grinyes:

But then again , he may not be watching any of the games as I'm sure he tossed his telly out the window after last nights Colts-Buc's game :cussing:

Hang in there Brink , you still have your Fantasy team.... :neener:

BadainabaseballkindofmoodBing :beer:

Thank you, Bada Bing, for this thread. I can't believe it had not appeared earlier. Although I would have labelled it "BOSOX-CUBS" and deleted any reference to the hated Yankees, I agree that there is potential here for a series for the ages.

These are the two most beloved teams in baseball, not only b/c of their misery and curses, but b/c they have fans that suffer and bleed with their teams, and keep on coming back for more. Then, there is the fact that they play in classic ballparks. I grew up spending many a weekend at Fenway, and like most kids at the time, could recite all sorts of stats about Yaz, Lynn, Rice, and Co.

Like many of us, I will root for my team, and then shift my loyalties, albeit w/out the same degree of passion, to the other (Cubs) if the SOX go down. Good luck, Bada, for your Cubbies.

Of course, the Yankees and Marlins stand in the way, so now would be the time to dream. After all, we can dream about winning the lottery until the day the number is actually drawn.

Oops - pinch hit homer as I write - Marlins now lead by 1 in the 11th. C'Mon Sammy, more magic?

froggo

Sorry Froggo , but the cubbies couldn't hang on , was a great game to watch though. Let's hope for better luck with the sox tomorrow night. I had the luck of spending many an afternoon / evening with my pops in 68 watching the likes of kaline , McLaine , willie horton , lolitch , gates brown , freehan , northrop , McCaulliff at Michigan and Trumball.

Then again in 84 , although I had already moved to L.A. , I did go back for a week , just for a week at the ball park , Morris , Gibby , Parrish , Trammel , Whittiker , and all the others who have slipped my mind and cant spell their names correctly , but it is a great time of year for BB fans.

Let's hope the cubbies and Sox can do it. :beer:

BadamissestigerstadiumBing :up:

Well Froggo , your bosox didnt go into the Bronx to steal 1 , they flat out beat them Yankee's , hope tomorrow night they will drill them into a 0-2 hole. :beer:

The Cubbies didnt lower their heads after last nights pisser , they really let loose tonight , all even 1-1 and heading to Florida.

Still have not heard from Brink on his thoughts , is he off suicide watch yet ?? :drunk:

Bada :grinyes: Bing

Says BadaBing:

kaline , McLaine , willie horton , lolitch , gates brown , freehan , northrop , McCaulliff at Michigan and Trumball.

No there are some names from the past. You are going back to around 1970ish or so for those Tigers. Lolich was commanding then.

Yep, the SOX hammered the Yanks in the opener. Thrilled to see our knuckelballer get a win there - frankly, he terrifies me as I am am never sure what will happen when his turn in the rotation comes up. But the Yanks were mystified.

Just game 1, though. The Yankees looked rusty from their break. With their true ace on the mound for game 2, that may play out a bit differently. Let's hope not, though.

Cubbies hammered the Marlins. Well done.

froggo

I hate the Yankees as well. I moved to Philly from Brooklyn in Junior High and I remember older people from Flatbush (my 1st neighborhood and home of the Dodgers) who still have not forgiven the Dodgers for moving west. Sadly Ebbets field is now the site of a housing project :(

Bosox had those great teams of the '80s but the Big Red Machine was loaded back then or they would have gotten a WC. Probably the best top to bottom hitting team ever. There was no rest anywhere in the lineup for the opposing pitcher other than facing the pitcher against him. Remember being a fan of Louis Tiant just because of the way he made his delivery. ::

No wonder Yankees and Man Utd are linked Froggo, they are big, arrogant and ran by meglamaniacs.

I have a soft spot for the Cubbies as well. I always felt bad Ernie Banks, Mr. Cub himself and a great guy didn't get a chance to go to the WC while playing for them. Plus Bosox and Cubbies still have one of the few remaining old storied parks, lots of rich history.

I thought the Cubs would have had the better chance of winning the series than the Bosox but you still don't know what can happen.

Not sure who I'd root for if its a Cubs/Bosox final. That would be a tough one. Cubs perhaps as they are the least likely of the two to have another shot of going.

Archived