Its not just the local gals who like bugs ...

gobbledonk

ANGELINA Jolie likes eating creepy crawlies - even cockroaches.

"I developed a taste for the stuff while I was in Cambodia," she told Hello magazine.

"I've eaten cockroaches and bee larvae and crickets. You can get them with peanuts inside or with guts. I like them - they're really meaty and high in protein."

Jolie has made regular visits to the country since she adopted a Cambodian boy, Maddox, and donated $2 million to set up a wildlife sanctuary.

Whilst I applaud Ms Jolie's willingness to explore alternative sources of protein (I've got a protein shake right here she can explore !), I find the mental image of a woman with antennae stuck between her teeth somewhat less-than-appealing. Yeah, call me squeamish - I can handle it :neener:

::

Was just talking to my G/F about this today. Can you believe they are quite expensive in Thai? To a Kon Thai, anyway. She would talk about eating worms, where I would then tell her I will not kiss her, without a gallon of Listerene between us, for a week.

Turns out the 'worms', are 'bugs that live in the tree's'. ::

Guess she is talking about catapillers?????

Just not for me though. Hell...I worry about rice sticking between my teeth, let alone legs, and antenna. ::

HT

Hi!

You should have a look at the food section in the Pnom Penh Central market. It appears that they eat anything that has either no legs or more than 4 legs. :grinyes:

I agree that the grasshoppers taste like chips. The bugs that look like big roaches however I thought tasted more like the Swedish smoked heering (boeckling). ::

regards

ALHOLK

She would talk about eating worms, where I would then tell her I will not kiss her, without a gallon of Listerene between us, for a week

Its funny isnt it - I have the same reaction, yet I will happily go down on the very same woman ! I guess the difference is visible evidence - if I ever spot any antennae in *that* area, I'm outta there :grinyes:

I don't think they are cockroaches, but look similar and are water bugs. I love them but I do not know if I can eat any more. The last time I ate too many. To me they are like an aphrodisiac. I have also noticed Thai women who genrally do not kiss, love to kiss (and more) after eating these bugs.

Sometimes Thais will put you on the spot by offering some bugs. One time a person offered me a large bowl of larvaes. I sat down and ate about 2/3 of his grubs. He never offered me grubs again!

I don't think they are cockroaches, but look similar and are water bugs. I love them but I do not know if I can eat any more. The last time I ate too many. To me they are like an aphrodisiac. I have also noticed Thai women who genrally do not kiss, love to kiss (and more) after eating these bugs.

Sometimes Thais will put you on the spot by offering some bugs. One time a person offered me a large bowl of larvaes. I sat down and ate about 2/3 of his grubs. He never offered me grubs again!

Hi

I have been offered them but no way i could try them.

Leave them for my wife and friends. :p

Archived