We pissed on them!

bibblies

Considering they were the home team, I thought England were more than comfortable and should have won. Disgraceful behaviour from Sukur(diving), Alpay(goading), crowd(booing other team's national anthem) and Recber(attempting to decapitate Dyer a la Schumacher). The sort of antics that, I suspect, would have been punished, attracted stern words from UEFA or at least been agonised over by a self-loathing media for months had the protagonists been English. But will anything happen to the Turks? Will it, fuck.

Great game for England. It seemed the pressure got to the Turks. Which is surprising seeing they performed so well in the World Cup. Even when England weren't in posession they neutralized the Turkish strikers. Terry had an exceptional game. Sad to see the Turkish players resort to diving and cheating and they must have had a copy of the Argentina-England game cause they kept on trying to get to Beckham with little comments and nudges. Collina should have given a booking to put an end to it. England had the better chances. Beckham's penalty miss was unfortunate. Good all around effort. Rooney did great and kept his temper. Heskey as usual didn't add anything but he didn't take anything away. Beckham played great, but I think Lampard needs to replace Scholes. He doesn't seem to give the same effort for country as he does for club. Gerrard looks good on the left. It seems like the scousers (Rooney, Gerrard, Owen when he's fit) have been doing the job for England. Beattie or Vassell needs to replace Heskey. I'm convinced Emile Ivanhoe Heskey has pictures of Sven in a compromosing position with a katoey. Cole played well at the back. Neville didn't hurt them.

Considering there were no English fans and the crowd were hostile and the players were also hostile, it was a motivated side who are WC semifinalists, the team did excellent and were unlucky for the win and fully deserved the draw.

My regular bar was too packed and turned some of us away, and I saw it at a bar packed with Turkish supporters and just a few Brits. I kept telling one man utd yob to keep it quiet yelling 'c mon Engerlund' and at the half when he asked me how a Yank is watching this i told him I was an Arsenal supporter and he 'threatened' to chant 'I'd rather be a Gooner than a Turk' if they scored. I had extra incentive to pray Turkey didn't after that. :cover:

Gerrard was outstanding although Butt and Rooney were a little dodgy and kept giving the ball away. Not as much as the Turks though, which was a little surprising for me, as they're supposedly to be technically better.

Don't know why the Turks (or anyone else) bother to try to goad Becks. He hasn't reacted since '98. Collina was negligent in not booking Sukur for the most embarassingly blatant dive I've ever seen and not sending off Recber for a dangerous (and goal-saving) assualt on Dyer. That was apalling - Dyer could easily have been knocked out.

If they'd really gone for it, I felt England could have torn them apart. They always pick it up for games that matter and it's really tantalising for an England fan to see how well they can play.

Little bit disappointed that Becks missed the penalty because I had money on England to win, with him to score, and any goal being after the 28th minute. But ...what the hell!

The taunting was blatant and involved physical contact although not thrown in anger but still physical contact when the Turk player got in to Becks face after the kick and also pushing on him near half time. I was disappointed with Collina regarding that and I hope FIFA reviews the film and acts accordingly. In an interview Becks said (I think it was Alpay) made references to his mother. If it is Alpay, being an EPL player he really should know better.

Not only Becks but Scholes should have done better with the opportunity he had, Rooney less so but a softer chip would have went in.

Terry filled in superbly for Rio. He was the better of the two 'tween him and Sol.

as i've said,i don't really follow England and missed the 1st half,but i tuned into the 2nd half and the highlights.

the intimidation was to be expected and i thought it was mild compared to some of the CL games played in Istanbul,but England done very well not to react.

but i think Becks did push his head into Alpays face,but the reaction was laughable.

the Goalie would have been banned for many matches if that happened in the PL.

i remember too well the incident with Schumacher in 82 and this challenge was almost as bad.

Suker should have been booked,i don't what was wrong with Collina and his forms of punishment,he is normally stricter than that.

but his man management at H/T was a masterstroke and the 2nd was a bit of a damp squib.

i wonder if any action will be taken against the Turks in the ensuing weeks?.

imagine if the England team had acted like that?,i think there would be big trouble.

oh yes,Alpay is going to be up shitcreek whenever he plays for Villa in the future.

and i see S-GE has caught the Winger disease.

he didn't see anything that happened at H/T...... :doah:

and will he ever answer the question which has been asked so many times this week?,is he staying on as Manager?.

he only has to say yes or no,but instead waffles on and on and leaves people shaking their heads.

I didnt watch it, or rather couldnt here in Korea as the only bar I knew showing it was down in Incheon, a fair old bus ride away. That having been said, from what I heard, I am glad our boys won as I have nothing but contempt for the Turkish team and their fans. Alpay's behaviour towards Becks just shows that they are a bunch of no-hope nancy boys whose behaviour is even worse than their dull style of football. I have always thought they belong in Asia anyhow, and not in the Euro qualifiers as only a small part of the place extends in to Europe. Getting a bit worked up, but then again they do that to me. Onto Portugal I say!

cheers

PS

Hey you good folks from the motherland of soccer!

Thanks for not loosing to the Turks, as I was fearing another nightlong car convoy through Frankfurt! :down::cussing:

See you all in Portugal - But we will send our girls, as they are better than the boys. :bow:

3 more nights and I will be in the rain of Samui :beer:

MaW

Convoy is probably only posponed for 5 weeks. Turks must be hot favourites to win in playoffs.

Sky have shown tunnel footage and English players are involved. IMO it was Alpay who caused all the ruckus. Just listened to George Best on Sky making the point that with all the security, they should have made the sides leave the pitch seperately at half time.

Just saw BBC world news and the UEFA has a meeting at the end of this month where this incident will be discussed.

The BBC talked about possible bans for individual players from both sides.

Alpay may have a hard time coming back to England.

Archived