Patong questions

rickfarang

I am contemplating spending a week in Patong so as to spend some time with a friend who is coming in from the U.S., I haven't beent here for three years (it appeals to me much less now) and have a couple of questions.

1. Durign the time I visited there, there were internet cafes, and they seemed to be going out of business as fast at they started up. Is there a full service internet cafe in Patong now?

2. It will be time for me to extend my visa. Is there a immigration office in Patong where I can get a visa extended?

While at it, where are these places, if they exist?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to shed some light on these.

RickF :)

Plenty of internet cafes around Patong beach and Patong beach has an immigration branch to get your extension also, it is located on the beach road , go past Soi Bangla with the beach on your left hand side and it is located just before the Patong Bay Garden resort , the Patong immigration number if you need it is 076 340477,

Off topic, but, never been to phuket, worth a visit for the night scene? Can u find centrally located rooms (300-400baht) like in pattaya? Maybe better to stick to pattaya...(?)... :dunno:

I agree with Racha but don't beleve any local who say you have to go to the Phuket Town immigration office, last February a made a point not listening to them and I got my extension at the Patong office.

Don't forget to bring your own pictures because they can do them for you at the immigration office but it is very expensive.

The days of finding centrally located hotels in Patong for 500-600 bht/nght are over. Be prepared to spend 1,500-2,000 baht a night. Hotels in Phuket are overpriced and are the most expensive in all of Thailand. If you put the Apex Hotel(Pattaya 500 bht/nght) in Phuket, it would be 1,500 bht/nght. Pattaya hotels offer you a lot better value for your money. :grinyes:

i have to disagree with Belem.

2 friends of mine booked at a Hotel i always use and while they are paying different prices at different times their stay is still cheap.

one has just left and paid 500 for a night,the other is staying November and is paying 800 a night.

still very cheap and i HIGHLY recommend.

last time i stayed there i had a bungalow with bedroom/lounge/kitchen and bathroom for 700 a night.

quiet location and less than 5 minutes walk from the girlie action.

I have to disagree with Belem also as there are plenty of rooms around 500 baht in Patong beach close to the center,

Around Dec, Jan,Feb they are a bit harder to find under 800 baht though , the rest of the year no problem to find cheap hotel rooms that are good quality as well,

Correction. Guest Houses are a different story, though. When I was in Patong last a few years ago, I walked down Soi Sansabai and Soi Kepsup, and there were plenty of guesthouses. I did have to bargain hard during the peak season in December to get a 700 baht a night rate and had to stay at least two weeks and prepay to get that rate. I stayed in guest houses because a lot of the hotels wanted to impose an overnight guest charge and the fact that the hotels were overpriced IMO compared to other destinations in LOS. In addition, if you put the guest houses in Patong in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, they would be about 250-300 baht per night. Can't blame anyone wanting to stay within walking distance of Bangla Road. I wouldn't want to deal with those overpriced tuk tuks, either.

my regular hotel is in Sansabai and i am great friends with the owner.

we chat quite a lot and he has been bemoaning the fact that trade is poor this coming high season.

he has 34 rooms and guest friendly(doubles as a S/T place) and has dropped his prices to 600 per night over Christmas.

he needs the custom and 600 is better than nothing.

a friend of mine has just left the place yesterday and paid 700 per night and another friend is staying over Christmas/New Year and only paying 600.

pisses me off,i always pay 800 in low season....... :banghead:

the last time i stayed i was the only customer for a month except when a friend of mine stayed for 5 nights.

Archived