Pattaya Hotels

quote:

Originally posted by whittler:

Any info on Apex Hotel, Haven Hotel,

Tims BeerBar.

I've heard good and bad, mostly bad about Tims.

Apex: Somewhat shabby, but rooms in the back have been redone recently and are pretty nice. 450B/500B I belive. Good central location. Fairly strict about keeping a girls ID.

www.apexhotelpattaya.com for more info

Was at Haven Hotel last July. Rooms small, niche bath, VCD Player is a remarkable xtra you don't find very often in Hotels under 1000 BT. For me it was a little too noise all over, and I probably won't stay there again. Guest friendly.

You wrote: "Fairly strict about keeping a girls ID".

I say: "very good! they do it for the safety of the customers!"

Sanuk

Swissman

Re: Tim's Beer Bar, went there for 1st time during last trip (January). Was fairly good size, and has a pool table area in a separated area (by curtains) in the back. There were a small handful of stunners, and I managed to bar fine 2 excellent ones for the night during that 1st night there. One

negative is that they really push the "Tequilla shooters/shots"

with the shooters girl coming by every 3 minutes it seemed.

Gets a little crowded early on (at least the night I was there), and the girls take a long time to "rotate off stage" it

seemed to me but I'd say its worth a look anyway, must say I did well there... smile.gif

I've already booked at haven Hotel www.thehaven-hotel.com from 15 April to 20 April during songkran festival.

I was there in May 2001.

The hotel is small, guest friendly, have safe in the room, TV 21", VCD player, a swimming pool, the thai food is enough good (also for the girls standard). The only bad: have raised the room rate from 700THB to 800THB and the new rate is little be expensive for pattaya standard, often is full booked

Giovanni

A word of caution on the Haven, the new AA Residence, the Inn of the Golden Crab and the Pattaya Beach Condo on Soi 13: there is new constructtion between the PBC and Haven, with serious pile-driving (actually some kind of metal pipes screwed into each other and driven into the ground very, very deep, producing loud clanging sounds) which has been going on for 2 weeks from 8:45 AM to as late as 7:30 PM seven days a week. They are using 2 pile drivers, so it produces more noise, but should end faster...but don't know when. But, the building will probably be in the 12-14 floor range, so the contruction will last for quite a while, even after the foundation is finished.

Archived